Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Bacon Grease For Acne Scars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool Bacon Grease For Acne Scars?
    Posted: May 06 2010 at 11:52pm
I am a major packrat.  I am trying to clean out some of the magazines I've been keeping for years.  No, I would never quality for Hoaders but I am trying to simplify.

I found a mag from 2000 and it has a recommendation to use cool bacon fat/grease on pimples and acne to remove the breakouts.

The article says Dr. Gordon Langerman researched using grease from cooked bacon which has cooled on your acne, pimples and skin breakouts and found it to work better than lots of other formulations.

Geez.  Has anyone heard of this working?  According to the article which was published in a European magazine, celebs use this as a secret skin recipe.

Dr. Langerman did clinical trials with 50 young people from 12-25 who had moderate to severe acne and after 2 weeks of daily use of cooled off bacon grease saw significant results.

The formula is to take grease left over from cooked bacon, let it cool and then apply a thin layer of the fatty goo to the skin.  The theory according to Dr. Langerman is that the bacon fat sucks up excess oils in the skin and helps to dry up the pimples that are in existence.

Some people apply a thin layer of the fat to washed and dry skin and leave it on overnight?   The key is to use just enough to coat face with a thin layer and of course make sure it is cooled grease.

I would love to hear if anyone else every tried or heard of this study and treatment and whether it really works or not?
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic