Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LONG inverted bob (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LONG inverted bob (pics)
    Posted: May 16 2010 at 8:13pm
Hi everyone, I'm posting to see if anyone has some input about an inverted bob haircut, but longer and with a bit of a twist.

I've had said haircut for many years now. It's pretty typical, but I always try to get my hair stylist to leave the front really long and cut the back really short, so it's a little different from other people.

I like the cut, but It never quite turns out how I picture it in my head, but I think maybe it's a matter that they are scared that the back will look strange (my mom called the look 'dog ears'), so I can sorta understand the problem. Here's what I'm talking about:

Any idea how the back could look less awkward when the front is really long? I think if I could bring in some pictures, I might finally get the cut I want. I found quite a few pictures of the length I want in the front, but they never show what the back looks like.

Here's some pics so you can see the length I'm talking about for the front:

I also liked these, they were less extreme so might be more realistic:

Basically, I'm trying to get away from the 'dog ear' look. Any ideas? Anyone have ideas or pictures? I realize lots of people have the cut without the 'dog ears', but those tend to be when the front is only slightly longer than the back.

(Edit: Images didn't upload properly first time....)

Edited by bibe - May 16 2010 at 8:19pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2010 at 9:10pm
To me it needs to blend the back with the sides.  I would have the stylist cut the back into a curve, with the middle of the back the shortest and then gradually curving longer to the sides.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic