Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think about boys long hairstyles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
layla001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layla001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think about boys long hairstyles
    Posted: June 05 2010 at 1:33pm

My son has long hair and he really likes it. He says he's a rockstar, lol. But he seems to be getting confused for a girl a lot lately and everyone keeps pressuring us to cut it. I am not going to give in and loose his preciousness just because society has a problem with it. But anyways, he wants a little change without cutting it to much if anything at all. You can see what he looks like here http://www.cafemom.com/photos/album.php?album_id=178652. Any suggestions?

Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 9:34am
A boy has long hair.  One of the best things you can do with a boys long hair is put it behind.

NO!  Not cut it off!  I mean make him wear it in a pony tail behind his neck in situations where the stupid idiotic society says he should have short hair.

To many people are from old school...and they think that a man's hair should be short... that came with roman times... the roman military look... and a biblical insciption about long hair being short.  What Saint Paul was trying to tell everyone was not to rock the boat...  not govern hair styles.

Now... Every Christian around is going to attack me...but the truth is that... now adays... long hair on guys is a fact of life!  No one is rocking the boat...the 60's put that to rest!

But, there are still those people that see long hair in guys as being radical?

Girls?  Haven't you been radical?  If not with hair...how about attitude?

Guys?  Don't you want to be radical?  Just because a boy has long hair doesn't mean he can't make it in society?

How many long haired guys in ponytails are telling me theoretical physics on the History Channel?

So there!  Boys can have long hair!  Need I say more!

Guys like me notice!
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2010 at 2:54am
I think you can go ahead. I am a male aged about 36 years. I am having long hair for a long time. Some time people mistake me for a girl from the back. My wife says infact that i should be man enough to sport long hair and should not cut it just because of the looks i get.

I am encouraged by this. She plays with my hair . We have fun with the hair.
Just have a look at my picture.
rame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 11:45am
Hi Vivek,
       Good to see your posts. I am a newbie here. I have posted some questions. Good to see your hair. I am ramesh from India. I hope hardly any Indians Male with long hair here. good to know that you have got nice long hair. first, I really appreciate your effort and your wife's support to maintain the long hair It is looking really great. I am 25 years old. I have long hair. It took me 2 years to reach the current length, It is well below my shoulders nearly to the chest. Now my parents started the wedding task for me. I am wondering how to manage it during the ceremony. I know it will take some time but it will happen within next ten months. I cannot really cut my hair for just one day. Well, On seeing your length, you should have got this same situation during your wedding. are you married in India? Are you still living there in india? how did you manage without cutting it during the weeding? Or you started growing hair only after your marriage. Give me some suggestions. I am wondering, how can I make myself comfortable for one day without cutting hair?
rebacca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 6:20pm
Long hair on guys and men is very hot.  Just look at the recent SuperBowl with several of the players on both teams wearing very long hair.  Troy Polomalu is on the Pittsburgh Steelers and he has a Head & Shoulders contract because of his long hair.  Clay Matthews on Greenbay also has a new hair contract.

Men are growing their hair very long.  Its quite popular.  They are also starting to wear hair accessories as well.  Mostly headbands and not feminine ones but definitely its popular.
BobbedAtLast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbedAtLast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 11:37am
I have had long hair since it became possible in the 60s and love it.  I now have it in an angled bob which I really love.  99% of people don't really care so wear it how you want!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2011 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BobbedAtLast BobbedAtLast wrote:

I have had long hair since it became possible in the 60s and love it.  I now have it in an angled bob which I really love.  99% of people don't really care so wear it how you want!

You will find many more people that normal on a "long hair" board who do care! I'm glad that you like your new look, but I'm one of those crazy partisans for long hair on women whose jaw slackens whenever a beautiful head of hair bites the dust. And the age of the woman doesn't matter.   
BobbedAtLast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbedAtLast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 8:24am
BobS--you do understand that I am a guy?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by BobbedAtLast BobbedAtLast wrote:

BobS--you do understand that I am a guy?

NO, you can't tell from the photo. Oh well. Bob
decken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 5:44pm
The right hairstyle immediately can make a woman look slimmer. If this is your goal, read on. The first thing you should do is to identify the shape of your face.
lorymadon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorymadon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 2:37pm
There is only one way to grow your hair long, but many different products, you can use to keep your hair healthy and strong while you do it. Here are some basic steps to keep your hair healthy while growing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic