Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Too short?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too short?
    Posted: June 13 2010 at 3:31pm
My wife wears her hair very short, cut into what we call a mushroom cut, but has been thinking about going with a very short taper. I have posted on the short hair board and get only positive comments, but I would like to hear what you guys think. The second pic is her current style, and the first is what she is thinking about trying. We both love how she looks in short hair but she does get some rude comments.
Miss Burgundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Burgundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2010 at 8:00pm
I'm a long hair lover, but I think there's no such thing as too short. She should do what she wants.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 5:49am

xxxzvp,

My wife wears the style that you had posted. She only gets compliments on her hair. Since doing it she regrets one thing, not doing it sooner. With her hair being short it is a breeze to style. I could spike her top as a flattop or crew-cut, push forward such as a hawk, or just as she likes it a short pixie cut. So many variations in one style. I am glad I cut hair because every 3 weeks its trim time. It does get costly if she needed to go an have it cut elsewhere. I would encourage your wife to do this cut, she would look fantastic.

Mike b
cwa14n3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwa14n3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 9:16pm
You admire a very close cropped do. You are not the average guy, most drool over waist length hair. Among male and female friends, some trans, homosexual and straight, the common consensus is that a very short haircut is part of the lesbian uniform. Lesbian women defend it as "THEIRS"!! I trim my wife's long hair, 20 plus years. She gets comments that she needs to get a short haircut, because women over 40 must, the hair facists demand compliance. My preference is for her hair long. We agreed up front. I will  have no other girlfriends, we are in a monogamous relationship, she knows what I like, and what I don't. She won't get her hair chopped off short behind my back, and I will never cheat on her.  But that really is a matter of trust between us. If you love the buzzed cut, you already know that  it is very unforgiving of a less than perfect figure. It draws attention to a large butt and stomach.  If your lady is in the less than 1% population that has the perfect figure, they will ignore the downside of the cut, otherwise they will make very nasty comments, versus remaining silent or neutral. When my wife and I visited Nantucket, Mass a couple years ago, a lady complained at a restaurant, that she was being constantly harassed by an onslaught of lesbians, that were too forward expecting certain behaviors from her. One told her that she was wearing "THEIR" haircut, so it was considered an "invitation" in that town. Her husband was no fan of her buzz cut, and he reveled in her displeasure as vindication of his position. I don't know if they are still married (probably not), but there was an obviously open hostility. You choose a path less traveled, and it is a wilderness. Expect wild animals. The decision is between you and your wife and what your faith guides, if you follow any. If it makes you happy... That is your choice. In any case, I encourage you to learn to be her "go to guy" for haircuts. Their are many videos on You Tube and included in home barbering kits. No need to pay someone else to do it, unless you don't trust your skills and would rather watch.
Just Me
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 3:36pm
I say go for it!  What matters is that she will like it afterwards.  I wear mine in a buzzcut and have never had anything said to me negatively!  My husband tolerates it because he loves me.  Please tell her to do what she wants to do, life is way too short! 
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 10:53am
From a guy to a guy who loves long hair?  Do you like it?  Does she like it?
Those are the things that should be asked?

If she's bothered by negative comments and can't shake them...maybe it's best for a different hairstyle.  If you love her hair the way it is...and it comes from your heart DIRECTLY to her as a compliment. Let her know!  No false truths!

These two things plague image as far as antiquity!  Do you like it..? Does she like it?  If you are coy...she will notice!  If you are just saying it to please her...she will notice.  If you really think it's attractive...she will notice.

Remember the most important rule.  She has to live with it.  If she doesn't know what you like...that effects the rule.   When she takes car of it (shampoo, conditioner...styling products), she has to live with it. and that effects the rule.

We all live with our image for two reasons.  For ourselves and for others.  Understanding why one effects the other?  Priceless!

Just don't tell her you like it... show her.  Put your hands through her short hair and show her.  It's important.  She's bombarded by other woman's jealousy, side remarks and just plane junk comments...understand that and how it effects her.

Understand the rule.  It makes things much simpler.

Guys like me notice!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2010 at 2:51pm
      If she goes for the cut in the top photo, ditch the side part! Either wear little bangs, or spike the front a bit. I'm not keen on this very short length myself, but unless I see the side part, I don't think anything negative. And if she can live with the sides and back being the shortest "soft" length, instead of shaved down, so much the better. Then, virtually all the snide remarks will stop, if this is a hurtful issue . Bob Big%20smile  
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 8:22am
We all want that as guys.  Any thing so we can see long hair. But you have think of her!  What does she want?  She's a woman and she can have the style she wants!  We have to think how she thinks!

What if she's the most lovely girl inside?  That counts.  That makes are comments null and void!  Now we are back to square one!

See?
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic