Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peppermint essential oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shella78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shella78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peppermint essential oil
    Posted: June 26 2010 at 2:14am
Whenever I'm coming down with a cold accompany with headache, I use couple of drops of  peppermint oil on a hot bowl of steaming water and I inhale the vapor for 20 minutes. 

While sipping ginger tea I would also use peppermint oil on burner. Peppermint oil has many uses. Here is a list it's uses.

mental fatigue and depression
stimulating mental agility and improving concentration
headache
migraine
nervous stress
dry coughs
sinus congestion
muscular pains and painful periods.
skin irritation

The scent of peppermint oil not only gives me relief when I have a cold, I also use it to massage my body from body ache due to colds.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailynstanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2010 at 5:18am
I did not know the benefits of essential oil. thanks for sharing this...
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 11:17pm
Hmmm trying to imagine reaping all these benefits. Thanks 
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2011 at 5:23pm
Hi Karen,

Peppermint oil is so awesome when you wake up in the morning if you don't want to do coffee.  I keep it by my bed and just take a deep breath to help me wake up.  You can actually buy soap with real peppermint oil that you can use in the shower.  I also keep it in my office and take a deep breath throughout the day.

Peppermint oil is my wake up oil and Lavender is my go to sleep oil.  :-)  Better than speed and tranquilizers any day.  Right?

Have a great weekend.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
kaylayguerra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylayguerra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2012 at 6:33am
I use couple of drops of  peppermint oil on a hot bowl of steaming water and I inhale the vapor for 20 minutes.

_________

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 06 2014 at 2:58am
felicia.jupet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felicia.jupet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2014 at 12:57am
Yes i use a few drops peppermint oil massaged around my temples to relieve light headaches after a long car ride and if you have a fever and you mis it with some carrier oil like jojoba or olive oil and apply it to the torso  you can reduce temperature by 2 to 4 degrees in no time :-)
fernclowder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fernclowder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2014 at 11:13pm
Hello, I love peppermint too. When I have cough and colds and I need to be in the office, I use peppermint oil in my burner and the office smells good too. My officemates jokes around that the office smells like a spa but surely I know they love it too.
mariechin1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariechin1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2015 at 6:46pm
Peppermint is known to boost the immune system. I would like to purchase this, what store do you recommend? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic