Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sleep Key For Successful Weight Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlybap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlybap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sleep Key For Successful Weight Loss
    Posted: June 27 2010 at 6:47pm
It sounds easy...just get a good nights restful sleep and you'll improve your ability to successfully burn fat.

Unfortunately it's not that easy for 40 million Americans who suffer from sort of sleep disorder with the bulk being women who also have the hardest time losing weight.

While there are many tools for helping with insomnia ranging from herbs, Melatonin, essential oils (lavender, Ylang, Ylang, etc.,) and over the counter drugs for sleep...many of these remedies don't work when there are deeper sleep disorder issues.

What might work?  Acupunture, sleep studies, and a wide range of mind-body therapies from biofeedback, relaxation-inducing tools (tapes, Stressdots, Mindfulness Training, Cognitive Behavior Training and Galvanic Skin Response monitoring (GSR).

If you have sleep disorder issues...have you tried biofeedback or similar techniques?  If you have, what worked for you?

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2010 at 7:55am
Great points made here.

Stress is one of the biggest reasons women and men can't sleep or they sleep but don't get great rest in the process.

I have found that Melatonin and Laveder Oil works in perfect harmony for me.  It doesn't work for everyone but I am lucky to have found it to help me zonk out.

Thanks for the topic.

What does everyone else use to achieve good sleep?  Does anyone take over the counter sleep aids? I would love to hear about them.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
danielcraigsupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielcraigsupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 5:32pm
You charge to find something you can stick to. A weight loss plan is no good if it's short term and you give up before you ability your goals. healthy weight loss is a aggregate of advantageous bistro and a constant exercise program.

Edited by danielcraigsupe - July 01 2011 at 5:34pm
Milverton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milverton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:08am
Originally posted by curlybap curlybap wrote:

It sounds easy...just get a good nights restful sleep and you'll improve your ability to successfully burn fat.

Unfortunately it's not that easy for 40 million Americans who suffer from sort of sleep disorder with the bulk being women who also have the hardest time losing weight.

While there are many tools for helping with insomnia ranging from herbs, Melatonin, essential oils (lavender, Ylang, Ylang, etc.,) and over the counter drugs for sleep...many of these remedies don't work when there are deeper sleep disorder issues.

What might work?  Acupuncture, sleep studies, and a wide range of mind-body therapies from biofeedback, relaxation-inducing tools (tapes, Stress dots, Mindfulness Training, Cognitive Behavior Training and Galvanic Skin Response monitoring (GSR).

If you have sleep disorder issues...have you tried biofeedback or similar techniques?  If you have, what worked for you?

yes really you have send a nice thread that sounds nice.....

the nice way to Weight Loss
have you noticed it
or just posted as recommend by others
the therapies you posted are looking very suggested
thanks for the nice.......

also i have a query can we loose weight by cycling and walking..????

rhinoplasty miami

Edited by Milverton - July 09 2011 at 6:21am
Hairloss.co.in View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairloss.co.in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 4:11am
Can you please explain what biofeedback really is?
Sounds interesting.
jennyhomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyhomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 2:03pm
I would like to say that  you have to  Sleep  at-least 8-10 hours in a day because it  is very necessary for you to get healthy. It is create a lots of energy and freshness in our body.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic