Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair breakage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
holly56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holly56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair breakage
    Posted: July 27 2010 at 8:42pm

I hope someone out there can help!  I went 3 times to 3 different hair dressers for color correction.  They kept dumping more bleach and color (lowlights in the wrong color) to my hair.  Then for the finale - the last hairdresser put toner (twice in the same day) after I specifically asked her not to and told me to use a wheat protein leave -in product.  Even though toners have a low percentage of developer it still ended up on my entire scalp - something I did not want.  And I think maybe the wheat protein pushed the hair over the edge.  Now, I have no bangs - just short l/2 inch pieces in front in a orange-blonde color.  Can anyone out there tell me - will the hair follicles recover from this?  I'm not young anymore, but I don't smoke - try to eat healthy and take vitamins.  My hair now feels like straw.

Thanks to any responses.
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 3:19pm
Unfortunately, this is very common with hair that has been over-processed. Apply BioSilk Silk Treatment to deep condition the hair after it has been washed. With the treatment on the hair, cover it with a shower cap and sit under a dryer (or use a blow-dryer) until the hair is thoroughly conditioned. DO NOT RINSE!! This treatment will help the hair feel more silky and will stop the breakage right away.

Please note that the hair is still damaged beyond repair and will eventually need to be trimmed off.

Edited by ehairexperts - September 10 2010 at 3:25pm
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 3:20pm
Unfortunately, this is very common with hair that has been over-processed. Apply BioSilk Silk Treatment to deep condition the hair after it has been washed. With the treatment on the hair, cover it with a shower cap and sit under a dryer (or use a blow-dryer) until the hair is thoroughly conditioned. DO NOT RINSE!! This treatment will help the hair feel more silky and will stop the breakage right away.

Please note that the hair is still damaged beyond repair and will eventually need to be trimmed off.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
CelinaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CelinaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 7:31am
Stop doing any of these things if you do them. Stop using any heat, coloring, bleaching, and using a brush.
Start using a wide tooth comb, a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
sarah alfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 8:34pm
i suggest that u first give ur hair a break like 2,3 weeks and then find the best hair dresser in ur town even if it gonna cost u little more : )

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 9:12pm
Now, I realize this post is old. But this might help someone in the future with similar problems.
The first thing you need to do is some damage control. Hair that has been overprocessed to that point, needs protein right away. Protein is depleated when hair is damaged. The best treatments for cases like yours, are: Joico K-pak deep reconstructor. It is rated the best for the last 9 years. Nexxus Emergencee is also great. Redken Deep fuel is pure protein. I would get the Joico if you can. Get from a Store like Ulta or a salon to make sure you don't get a fake. If you must get it online, I hear Sleekhair.com is a good place to get it.

Remember that after a protein treatment you are going to need some deep condtioning or your hair will feel like straw. Joico also has a great deep conditioner called K-pack Revitaluxe regenerative treatment. It is new, but it is great. You must do the protien treatments once a week for the first month and once a month after that. Another great deep conditioning mask is Macademia Oil healing mask. Sleekhair.com has it for a great price too. Use code "heybuddy" to save an addtional 10% (can you tell I'm a hair junkie LOL)

Now, another thing you need to replenish is Keratin. There are great treatments out there. But it costs to repair damage like that. Not that it can really be "repaired" but you can buffer the damge enough to get the hair to look healthy again and stop breaking. The is a brand, called Alfaparf. They have some amazin products for situations like this, and they work. They have a line called Bamboo, which is specialy designed to repair extremely damaged hair. You can buy it at sleekhair.com and can also find some of the items on Bluebeez.com. Now, some of the items from the line are cheaper at bluebeez, and some are cheaper at sleekhair.com. It is a matter of deciding which of the porducts you wan't to get and see who has it cheaper. If you decide to go with the bamboo line (wich I highly recomend) Instead if getting the Joiko k-pak Revitaluxe, get the alphapart deep conditioner. I don't remember what it is called, but you will see it. It is in a green tub. Read the details online. It will tell you that it is for deep rapair of extremely damaged hair. You can combine that with the monodose vials, wich are great and will speed up the healing. With multiple use it will restore the hair to to almost 100%.

Another thing, get a shampoo free of sulfates. Right now you don't want anything hash on your hair. Lamasbeauty.com has great sulfate free shampoos. They are 100% vegan and they really work. They also lather very well, wich most sulfate free shampoos don't. I would get the chinese herbs shampoo. Although the most expensive, I think is the one you need right now. It does cost $22 dollars for an 8.5oz bottle. But, it is super concentrated, and if you use it right it will last you a long time. The shampoo is designed for people with hair loss problems. It really does work. And it is formulated to heal the scalp. Wich you need right now. If you don't want to get that one I would get the Avocado oil one. That one es $18 for 12 oz. However you can save 20% by using code earthsave. They are great products. You won't regret it. People should use SLS free shampoos anyway. They give you great hair, without the premature wrinkles SLS containing shampoos give you.

Ok so that is what you do for the outside. Now, here is what you do from de inside. Get yourself a good multivitamin for hair and skin. They really do work. Some really good omega 3 pills. You can get those at puritan.com. They have great pricing and very good qualty. It will take about 6 weeks before you see the results of the pills, but trust me, you'll be glad you got them. Get the Omega 3,6,9 combination which is the best for hair. Drink lots of water and try not to stress. I know it is easier said than done. But he damage is already done. Stressing won't solve it.

I hope you find this helpful! good luck and great hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic