Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home made dry skin treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home made dry skin treatment
    Posted: August 05 2010 at 5:43am
Apply cream to your face daily in the morning and wash off after ten minutes. Don't use alcohol based products. Generally toners are alcohol based, so make sure yours isn't. oil is deeply moisturising, so you can apply that to your face at night, and wash off in the morning. Keep moisturiser in your bag and keep applying it regularly. Don't apply Vaseline or any hand and body lotion, as it is not for applying on the face and the pores may not be able to absorb it, defeating the purpose. Apply only facial moisturiser. Also, once a week, apply olive oil to your face and steam it, so the pores open and the oil gets absorbed.
aniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 7:07am
Dry skin has a thin and papery texture. It feels dry to touch and the pores are
   very fine. After a wash it feels tight, as though it is too small for the face.
   By midday flaky patches appear. Hardly ever break out in spots.

• For dry skin use a creamy cleanser to melt away dirt.
   Leave it on your skin before sweeping it away with cotton wool.
   Splash cold water onto your face to clean and refresh your skin.
   Use a thick cream moisturiser to seal in as much moisture as possible.

• Make a puree of 1 banana and 1 papaya, peach or avacado. Apply to skin.
   Leave on for at least 20 minutes then rinse with warm water, followed by a
   moisturizer of natural margarine or natural vegetable oil.
   • Apply natural mayonnaise, either homemade or from natural foods store.
   Massage into skin, leave on for 15-20 minutes, rinse thoroughly with warm water.

• Grate the rind of one whole lemon into 4 tablespoons plain yogurt.
   Mix and rub over entire body concentrating on the driest patches. Rinse.

nose right scam
brookdebt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookdebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 2:24am
Create your own skin refining mask with egg whites. It's completely natural, will tighten your pores and leave you with smooth and refreshed skin.Or you also try the mixture of cucumber paste and honey. You will instance result. 
jimmi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 6:03am
While I agree this can help (the egg whites)  I just hate the smell of eggs anywhere near my nose so I can't do this type of mask.  Also, I worry about the salmonella that can be present in eggs so I hate to even touch raw eggs.  Does anyone else worry about this issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic