Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Washing Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
soulatsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulatsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Washing Help?
    Posted: August 28 2010 at 2:38am
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I have mid-back length, unlayered hair that is naturally frizzy, tightly curled and waved. It's almost perm-ish, but I HATE it. It shrinks up to my shoulders and looks terrible at the top, so I straighten it often.

The only problem is, is that it takes me a half hour to straighten the entire thing when dry, and a full hour when it's wet, so I've resorted to only washing my hair once a week. Disgusting and cringe-worthy, I know.

My scalp gets itchy on the fifth or so day, and it becomes greasy, but I don't know if I have the time or patience to wash it twice a week and go through the hour of hair-straightening Hell more than once a week.

What should I do?

Note: I do not have a blowdryer. I wash my hair, put it in a bun, and straighten it in the morning.
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 11:25am
I think you would benefit from using a dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is a powder that absorbs hair oils and leaves a fresh and clean scent. This way you will be able to stick to your hair care routine and still have clean looking hair.
BenitaHesson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenitaHesson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 4:51am
Hair washing a shampoo shield fits on a child's head like a cap, and helps prevent water running into her eyes. You can also use a thick layer of Vaseline on her forehead to help stop water getting in her eyes. Or let her wear swimming goggles; they keep the water out, and she can put her head under the water for rinsing and still open her eyes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic