Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leave-In versus Rinse Out Conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leave-In versus Rinse Out Conditioner
    Posted: September 04 2010 at 10:24am
Hey there,

I am wondering whether it is necessary to use both a leave-in AND a rinse out conditioner. I always have, but I find the combination makes my hair oily since moving to a home with well water.

I would prefer, if I can get away with just one, to use the leave-in.

Any thoughts on the matter, My Hair Gurus?
gwatt
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 2:19pm
It is not necessary to use both types of conditioners. The type of conditioner that you use depends on your hair type. If you have dry, color treated or damaged hair you would benefit from using a weekly conditioning treatment that will help to repair your hair. Furthermore, applying conditioner after you shampoo your hair will help to restore oils that damaged strands need. If your hair is oily or has a tendency to look greasy it would be best for you to use a leave in conditioner. However, you should only apply the conditioner to the areas of your hair that need it
beachbum88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachbum88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 2:19pm
It is not necessary to use both types of conditioners. The type of conditioner that you use depends on your hair type. If you have dry, color treated or damaged hair you would benefit from using a weekly conditioning treatment that will help to repair your hair. Furthermore, applying conditioner after you shampoo your hair will help to restore oils that damaged strands need. If your hair is oily or has a tendency to look greasy it would be best for you to use a leave in conditioner. However, you should only apply the conditioner to the areas of your hair that need it.
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 5:10pm
Oh wonderful!

Thank you so much! Just exactly what I wanted to hear!

gwatt
HAIRpros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIRpros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 4:36pm
I like to use both. My hair is fine but super dry, not chemically treated but naturally dry. So I need the added moisture. I do recommend going light on the leave in. Good luck.
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 4:59pm
Thanks, HAIRpros!

It seems my sebaceous glands are finally adapting to this softer water. I've been able to go back to my rinse out with a touch of leave-in successfully just this week!

YAY!

gwatt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic