Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fine thin hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wvpumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fine thin hair
    Posted: September 04 2010 at 6:42pm
woud someone with very fine/thin hair be able to get a reverse stacked bob hairstyle?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 9:06am
Yes but you would need to get it cut pretty short.  A long version of that cut on very fine hair goes flat and doesn't look good.  I have baby fine, thin hair and I wore that cut for several years.  The blunter and shorter you keep it the fuller it will look.  I had trouble with the back (the stacking) because I really wanted it kind of poofy and that does not work well with fine hair without a lot of work and product but keeping the front smooth was good.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
wvpumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvpumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

Yes but you would need to get it cut pretty short.  A long version of that cut on very fine hair goes flat and doesn't look good.  I have baby fine, thin hair and I wore that cut for several years.  The blunter and shorter you keep it the fuller it will look.  I had trouble with the back (the stacking) because I really wanted it kind of poofy and that does not work well with fine hair without a lot of work and product but keeping the front smooth was good.

well that is what I was thinking.. I just need a new do so bad.. any suggestions for shoulder length thin/fine hair to give it some volume.. especially on top? I was think just shorter layers all over
Jesus Loves You!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 6:52am

If you want to keep length you will need to have a blunt cut.  And keep it well above the shoulders.  That is about all you can do with thin, fine hair when you want any length.  When I was wearing my hair long I couldn't let it get more than two inches below my chin before it became stringy and thin looking.  I cut it all off a few years ago and I will never go back.  My hair is about three inches long all over except right at the crown where it is about two inches so that I can kind of spike it up.  I use root lifter, Fiber paste by Crew and Kenra 25 hairspray and I am good to go in five minutes.  People stop me on the street all the time and ask me where I get my hair cut.  I never got that when I had my longer hair.  Good luck with whatever you decide. 

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
alvina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2012 at 11:04am
Hey All......For getting Best hair you should need to apply that tips.....
1. Apply olive oil (or Mustard Oil) at bed time and wash off the hair next morning.
2. Boil mustard oil. A regular massage of this oil is helpful.
3. Always maintain a balanced diet with exercise for healthy hair. Drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables is probably the best way to achieving healthy hair.
4. Wash your hair with a paste of cooked Urad dal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week.
5. Trim the hair every 4 to 5 weeks even if you are growing it.

This post has been edited to remove advertising/spam.  Please read all forum posting rules and do not post unapproved ads.  They will be immediately removed and you will be instantly banned.

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 09 2012 at 11:37am
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 12:18pm
I have very straight, fine hair and have a stacked bob, and I love it. I've gotten more compliments on this style than any other one I have worn. When my hair was below my shoulders it always looked stringy at the ends. The longer front helps thin my face. I don't have it dramatically short in the back, its about at my hair line and it curves under nicely.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic