Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

coconut oil after washing hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jailynstanton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailynstanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coconut oil after washing hair
    Posted: September 23 2010 at 3:59am
i wash my hair around 2 times a week and after washing it and after it dries my hair gets VERY VERY puffy and it's very "clean". But then after one or two days it produces oils and my hair is perfect because it's so easy to manage.
sunny84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 8:21pm
Im really not sure if your asking a question or just saying maybe you like using coconut oil on your hair. I use Monoi Tiki Tahiti oil. Its coconut oil with vanilla and tiare flower and is wonderful.
edexsolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edexsolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 4:28am
Please give me the "Coconut oil" advantages list. 
Anne Brown 007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne Brown 007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 5:45am
After few days of hair washing, our sebaceous glands generates oil which results in giving an oily look to our hair. It not only improves the texture of our hair but also eliminates the dull look that is generally propagated after the hair wash. One can also use different oils just to keep the scalp healthy immediately after hair wash!
DarrelCornell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrelCornell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:55am
After washing your hair first of all you have to dry your hair and apply the hair conditioner then massage with coconut oil which is beneficial to get healthier hair.To get shiny hair we have to apply coconut oil twice a week.
jimyhomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimyhomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 11:54am
I have to say that it is very nice thins that every  one should use the coconut oil after washing hair it is very important to protect your hair from dandruff and many other hair problems.
kevin_dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin_dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 12:38am
Sebaceous glands secrete a fatty substance called sebum, which protects and waterproofs your hair and scalp skin to keep them from drying and breaking. Like coconut oil, sebum contains MCTs.Unlike other oils used in shampoo formulations, coconut oil helps minimize protein loss during washing to keep each hair strand strong.
monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 5:24pm
I've never tried putting coconut oil in my hair! might try it now if it makes it shinier :)
Stevenfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2011 at 5:32am
I started using "inecto" and get great results. Its coconut oil for hair :)

Edited by Stevenfly - November 23 2011 at 10:44am
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 11:16pm
yes it really helps to make hair stronger...im not sure about rubbing it on the scalp on the day of washing your hair but it is a great source of nutrients and supplement for the hair
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 9:41pm
Coconut oil is GREAAAAAT!!! After reading a bunch of reviews about it, I decided to give it a try. I am soooo mad at myself for waiting so long to try it. The stuff is nothing short of amazing!! My hair has been transformed by this. No other treatment (and I've tried alot of expensive ones) has done for my hair, what this little miracle has.

My hair was damaged, dry, thin, brittle. All my fault for starting to slack on taking care of it. I managed to ruin it. I kept using my flat iron without doing my protein treaments and deep conditioners. I had also previously damaged it by overprocesing it, and then trying to help make it look better, I did a Brazilian Keratin treatment to it. Big mistake!!!. It left me with thin, denatured hair. My hair lost all bounce, body, curl(I have 3b hair by the way). As I said before it got thin. It got so thin, that I could see my scalp when standing under a light. Now, that really freaked me out.  It just looked straight (but not in a good way) like straw. It was dry and lifeless. It lacked all natural movement. It was faded. Even after two years of not puting any chemicals to it.

I finally decided to get my act together and start some serious hair repair. So I did a protein treatment( I highly recomend Joico K-pak deep penetrating reconstructor). I figure the change in my hair's structure had to do with protein loss. And I also started using Salerm hair energy regenarator vials. That stuff is just amazing!!! After doing the protein treatment (wich MUST be followed by a deep conditioner) You could immediatly see the change. The hair had body again, it looked shiny. It had movement and the strands appeared thicker. The Salerm vials made it even better. It made my hair even more shiny, strong, soft and beautiful. And by the third vial, I could no longer see my scalp when standing under a light. So I figure, what else could do better for my hair. Decided to try the coconut oil.

OMG!!! What a difference. I put the oil on my dry hair. Completely saturated the hair with it and tied it into a pony tail and wraped a plastic bag over my head. I initially inteded to leave it in for 30 minutes. But stared to clean the house and lost track of time, and ended up having it in for like like 4 or 5 hours. I washed it out real good with my Lamas Beauty sulfate free shampoo, and used My Salerm wheat germ mask. Rinsed it out. I put a few drops of jojoba oil on my hands and rub it on my wet hair. Tied it into  a pony tail and let it air dry. Slept the night with the pony tail. I got up in the morning and took out the pony tail. My hair looked super thick and shiny. It was super soft. I couldn't resist. I took out my Revo styler, and did a section of hair to see how it looked. It was beautiful! So I decided to do the whole head. OMG, I was ablo to do it in like 15 minutes, and when I was done, I had beautiful shiny, bouncy, thick lookin hair.

The next week I did the coconut oil again. This time I only left it in for like an hour. Washed it out. Put in my condtioner and went to my hair salon. Had the conditioner rinsed out. Had my stylist put in my vial of Salerm hair regenarator, and a little Salerm 21 B5 leave in, and blow dry. Wow!!! Hair like never before. It plumped up my hair. Looks thick, shiny, bouncy, straight, polished. No frizz at all!!! And I live in the caribean now. Humidity like crazy.  Just amazing. I will never be without a jar of this stuff. I also use it on my skin and it is sooo soft. I hear it regenarates the skin and even helps with cellulite (wich I have some). Haven't been using it long enough to be able to coment on that aspect, but will be sure to keep using and see what happens.

I bought mine from puritan pride. I got two 16oz tubs for $24. They had a 15% off coupon and I got free shipping, so it was a steal. Next I'm gonna try Tropical Traditions. I hear is the best, and they even have one specially for hair (wich is a little higher in protein). Don't forget to get virgin organic, cold pressed oil, whatever brand you decide to get. If you're thinking aobut it, don't!!! Just get it. You won't be sorry.

Edited by Sharyg11 - January 08 2012 at 9:47pm
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 10:31am
coconut is always been useful for the hair growth.
it also makes your hair shiny and smooth.
use it on regular basis to make your hair healthy and strong.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic