Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oily skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jailynstanton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailynstanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oily skin
    Posted: September 29 2010 at 6:19am
which skin care products should be used for oily skin?
serro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 4:00pm
i use herbal oils for my skin, for my hair i make  brezilya fönü and it makes me feel so shiny....
DarrelCornell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrelCornell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:45am
The best solutions is a healthy diet that is low in fats and oils.Use a cleanser that removes oil while still controlling the fatty acid obstruction of your skin. 
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 3:27pm
Besides eating right, I use proactive products. 
AlvinBasil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlvinBasil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 2:56am

You can use Himalayas products to remove oily skin problems.

Edited by Administrator - June 26 2012 at 9:26am
jesminlouise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesminlouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 6:08am
Pimples are increasing because of oily skin. Drink more water and take healthy food which provide enough moisture to your skin. Wash your face twice in a day with cold water and use oil free moisturizer and avoid use of more cosmetic products.
devinhuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devinhuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:28am

Finding the right type of products skin care treatment for all-round healthy complexion can be a challenge, whatever your skin type is. Because everyone is so different, everyone has a different need in their face and body care regime.

Edited by Administrator - June 26 2012 at 9:26am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 11:02pm

You have to look for products that are geared towards oily skin; face creams and makeup that do not contain oils or do not make your skin oilier than it is. You can look for a good face wash that contains no oils, one that gives you a deep clean and washes off all the build up and oils. You can also use a face tonner; this will suck up the oils, makeup and any dirt on your skin at the end of the day. Follow the face cleansing and tonner with an oil free moisturizer.

If you wear makeup get ones that are for oily skin, or get a foundation or face powder that is a matte finish instead of a dewy finish which can make your skin look even oilier. To control oil during the day you can use a translucent face powder or blot your face occasionally. They also have special pads that you can use to blot your face and remove oil.

If you have extremely oily skin and you think your glands may be producing excess amounts of oil you can talk to a dermatologist who may recommend some products to help you.

rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 10:26am
a good cleaner is very useful for the oily skin. i have been using the cleanser for about 4 years and i think i have overcome this this problem.
DeadWing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadWing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 3:29pm
I actually find that the best way to combat my oily skin (and believe me, my skin is extremely oily), is to use an oil. I use Rosehip Seed Oil and ever since I have been using it my skin has been less oily. I put it on after I wash and tone my skin and then I put on a good moisturizer with SPF. Works wonders! You can buy a bottle on Amazon or 4allvitamins for pretty cheap. My skin usually gets worse in the summer but so far I have not seen a difference since the weather has been warmer.I also have to add that this has not caused me any breakouts, and my skin breaks out from EVERYTHING!
Hope this helps!
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 10:55pm
Try cetaphil...You can probably find it for under $10 on Amazon and the stuff WORKS! Its leaves my skin soft and not all tight like the other oil strippers do :D
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Ericachristina Ericachristina wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">You have to look for products that are geared towards oily skin; face creams and makeup that do not contain oils or do not make your skin oilier than it is. You can look for a good face wash that contains no oils, one that gives you a deep clean and washes off all the build up and oils. You can also use a face tonner; this will suck up the oils, makeup and any dirt on your skin at the end of the day. Follow the face cleansing and tonner with an oil free moisturizer.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">If you wear makeup get ones that are for oily skin, or get a foundation or face powder that is a matte finish instead of a dewy finish which can make your skin look even oilier. To control oil during the day you can use a translucent face powder or blot your face occasionally. They also have special pads that you can use to blot your face and remove oil.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">If you have extremely oily skin and you think your glands may be producing excess amounts of oil you can talk to a dermatologist who may recommend some products to help you.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </SPAN>

Agreed!
You can use a variety of different make ups such as foundation for oily skin, primer for oily skin etc etc....but you should go for the treatment from as natural a perspective as possible.

1. Drink water. This keeps you hydrated and also prevents the oil glands from having to compensate for dry skin.
2. Choose a moisturizer first. Here is a list of 10 which may help:
http://www.skincarehq.org/articles/10-best-moisturizers-for-oily-skin

Good luck!

Edited by amandagreen - May 25 2013 at 9:26am
shinninglikeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinninglikeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 2:36pm
I think you must wash your face 2-3 times a day with a good foaming face wash and drink lots of water, well its much better to eat water. That is eat fruits which has high content of water. Cleansing and toning shopuld be the routine skin care regime.
hair4brides View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair4brides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 1:26am
I think herbal products are best for oily skin. As we know that Oily skin is the main reason of pimples that is why herbal products are recommended for this type of skin. Even diet is also very important in this regard. You should not eat oily, fried, and spicy products.

Regards
Lara Smith
Makeup Artist Brisbane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic