Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Hair progress Webpage! PICS!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Hair progress Webpage! PICS!!
    Posted: April 11 2004 at 1:41pm
Hey all...I just made a little hair webpage for you all. I was hoping you could look at my hair and tell me what in the heck I should do to get it to stop acting up!!! I go into detail on my page! So thanks ahead for anyone who comments!!!!

My Hair Progress Page!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2004 at 6:21pm
What a gorgeous face you have. Wonderful eyes, and those sexy lips. Your hair isn't that bad but I would cut it to chin length and maybe add some short bangs. I think it would look thicker and healthier and frame that beautiful face of yours. Long hair isn't sexy - healthy hair is.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2004 at 6:36pm
But I've wanted long hair for sooooooooo long so I want it at least once!! I'm going to get it healthy but cutting it but I don't want short chin length hair. Thanks for your compliments....and reply.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 12:40pm
No more comments? lol my pics must be scaring everyone away!! agghhh
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 1:24pm
I think you're a very pretty girl. I have to agree, your hair would look alot thicker if it were shorter and blunt on the ends. The bob would look great! Any chance of seeing some pics of you with different looks you've had? A few of the shorter ones?

Either way, you're very attractive.

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Bill W View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 4:41pm
AmberJune, I too will chime in and comment that you are indeed a very attractive lady. Based on your comments, may I humbly suggest a few things?
1. Lay off the blowdryer, it fries hair.
2. The hair straightener also damages hair, ditto.
3. Do not let the stylist use a razor on your hair. It does serious damage. Looking at your photo, it appears it was razor cut in the front. Back too?
4. Have you looked at your diet? To keep your shapely figure, I'm sure you must have a regime.
Is it exercise? Starving youself? Skipping meals?
You would not be alone if you were one of the many women who sacrifice good nutrition to control their weight. Consider an apointment with a nutritionist and a fitness counselor. Believe it or not, a friend at my gym noticed her hair was growing faster and fuller after getting into a regular fitness routine balancing the big three: Aerobic, Anaerobic & Nutrition. She is growing out her bangs and has just decided to mousse them back to avoid the constant brushing them out of her eyes.
5. Try wearing it up. Less wind and weather stress can help avoid contact damage.
6. Look at your genetics. Is your mother or father balding/thinning? Even if you take really great care of your hair and your family tree is not follicly blessed, you may be destined to share their fate.
7. AmberJune above all be patient. Great long hair doesn't happen overnight. If it did everyone would have it.
8. When May 1st rolls around, just get a dusting off the ends. Don't let the stylist take off a lot. Even if it is not completely straight, you will still keep most of your length. If you are concerned about how it will look, there are infinite styles to wear it up in various styles.
9. Form a support group, even if it is one really good friend. Set goals and let that friend help you through the growing out process.
10. Do not let others convince you to give up and just get it cut short. If you want it long, stick with it.
11. Last but not least, if you are one of the unfortunate few that cannot grow your hair long, focus on that fact you are valuable as a person whether you choose to wear it long or shorter. Do take care of your whole person. JMHO.

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 5:39pm
Your hair doesn't look so bad from the pictures. I'm sure if you cut off 1-2 inches, it would be healthier. You don't have to go too short, but don't worry about having really long hair. You're young. You'll have plenty of opportunity to grow it long once it gets healthy.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Bill W Bill W wrote:

AmberJune, I too will chime in and comment that you are indeed a very attractive lady. Based on your comments, may I humbly suggest a few things?
1. Lay off the blowdryer, it fries hair.
2. The hair straightener also damages hair, ditto.
3. Do not let the stylist use a razor on your hair. It does serious damage. Looking at your photo, it appears it was razor cut in the front. Back too?
4. Have you looked at your diet? To keep your shapely figure, I'm sure you must have a regime.
Is it exercise? Starving youself? Skipping meals?
You would not be alone if you were one of the many women who sacrifice good nutrition to control their weight. Consider an apointment with a nutritionist and a fitness counselor. Believe it or not, a friend at my gym noticed her hair was growing faster and fuller after getting into a regular fitness routine balancing the big three: Aerobic, Anaerobic & Nutrition. She is growing out her bangs and has just decided to mousse them back to avoid the constant brushing them out of her eyes.
5. Try wearing it up. Less wind and weather stress can help avoid contact damage.
6. Look at your genetics. Is your mother or father balding/thinning? Even if you take really great care of your hair and your family tree is not follicly blessed, you may be destined to share their fate.
7. AmberJune above all be patient. Great long hair doesn't happen overnight. If it did everyone would have it.
8. When May 1st rolls around, just get a dusting off the ends. Don't let the stylist take off a lot. Even if it is not completely straight, you will still keep most of your length. If you are concerned about how it will look, there are infinite styles to wear it up in various styles.
9. Form a support group, even if it is one really good friend. Set goals and let that friend help you through the growing out process.
10. Do not let others convince you to give up and just get it cut short. If you want it long, stick with it.
11. Last but not least, if you are one of the unfortunate few that cannot grow your hair long, focus on that fact you are valuable as a person whether you choose to wear it long or shorter. Do take care of your whole person. JMHO.

Thank you so much for your kind words and information.

I know patience is a virtue....but its very hard to have! I have been trying to grow my hair now for about 3 or 4 years actually....and managed not to get it all whacked off. It has always been about shoulder length....Right now its a little past. I have no intentions of getting my hair cut short no matter how many suggestions I get for it because of the thinness. I LONG for long hair!! I just can't stand it all crooked and stringy looking. I want it to look healthy! Oh...and I hate wearing my hair in a pony tail because I hate how it looks....SO THIN!! Its like I have a little stub for pony tail.. eccckkkk

....and NO I don't have any eatting problems!! I promise! I'm quite an eatter and I work out alot, as well!

Oh and one more thing... the stylist doesn't use a razor on my hair! I think my hair is just in that terrible of condition that it looks like that! Its sooo broken off! She just uses a pair of scissors to trim and straighten off about 1/2 inch to an inch each time I go.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

Your hair doesn't look so bad from the pictures. I'm sure if you cut off 1-2 inches, it would be healthier. You don't have to go too short, but don't worry about having really long hair. You're young. You'll have plenty of opportunity to grow it long once it gets healthy.

Yes, I plan on getting it trimmed up and straightened out! I want my hair to be about bra strap length...no longer.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 6:29pm
Hi AmberJune!

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I agree with the others who have responded that you are a pretty girl.

Well, the short hair fans have had their say, but I hear you -- and I certainly won't try to talk you out of going for what you want.

I'm trying to figure out why your hair keeps breaking off on the right side. Do you wear a purse slung over that shoulder? Passenger shoulder belt in a car? Sleep on the right side with your hair down? Brush/comb vigorously on that side?

Bill has given some good suggestions. I'd like to add a few more...

You've gotta baby your hair. Handle it very gently. Find a stylist who will support your goal. Tell him/her you want to grow it a lot longer, that you only want 1/2" trimmed from the tips, and that you'll come back in another 3 months for another 1/2" trim from the tips.

You might want to hang out on the Long Hair board, too. (oh wait, I should go over there now...)

Hope this helps!
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 8:23pm
Dave, Thanks for your response!

Everyone always asks me if its my purse and seat belt, but I don't believe it is. The side that is a little longer...is actually the side I carry my purse. ALSO, the side I sleep on ...is the longer side. So I'm not real sure whats going on. There is just this one spot that has terrible breakage. I know for sure I definetly need a trim though... the rattiness is killing me!

The only thing I can think of thats killing my hair is the heat damage and maybe brushing?!

The stylist I go to is excellent about listening to what I want. I tell her to cut as little as possible off that she needs to in order for it to be straight on the bottom of my hair. The salon is about an hour and 15 mins away from where I live at college and its the ONLY place I go.

Is there anyway it could be a thyroid problem? Maybe?? I don't have one that I know of....but I've never been checked out for one either. I know Karen says that why she had problems with her hair for awhile. ...But then again maybe my hair problem is just from the horrible bleaching accident I had 2 years ago.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2004 at 3:44am
My hair grows faster on one side than the other, too. I don't think it's related to the side slept on, because I turn over a lot in the night. *shrugs*
If you've been trying to grow your hair for three or four years, but it won't get longer, it probably has just gotten as long as it'll go. That happened to me before, when I was working on a pony for some four years, but it never got past around the middfle of my back, and was frizzy and straggly-looking, anyway, what I had. After a while I just gave up and got rid of it. Not much you can do if nature itself is working against you.
More awesome than a manatee!
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2004 at 1:19pm
my hair CAN grow longer than what it is now. I can't be its predetermined length yet because I have pictures from 4th grade where my hair was longer.

Sometimes I feel like giving up! I'm getting my hair trimmed on Friday or Saturday...I post pics very soon afterwards!
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 12:50am
Hey Amber,

Dont give up, stay positive. You have beautiful hair, you might be able to be more optimistic once you get rid of the damaged hair. Just hang in there and it will be bra strap before you know it :-) Make sure you go to a good stylist, perhaps they can give you the advice you need once they can see your hair up close and personal. Best of luck to you.
goldnya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldnya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2004 at 5:28pm
Hey, i was just lookin at your pics and i wanted to give you a little feedback of what i think. personally, i love long hair. i was able to grow my hair from shoulder length to elbow length and i absolutely LOVE it!! i'm a girl btw lol. i think you definitely need to trim it about 1-2 inches, but NO more!! ask someone u completely trust to do this becuz i think ladies at salons get too scissor happy and end up cuttin off too much. then every 2 months cut off only 1 inch (ask someone u trust again). then i'd say in a few months your hair should be past your shoulders. i also noticed that your hair is really thin, so maybe it might take longer than expected for it to grow out. either way, you'll end up with long hair and look beautiful hehe good luck!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 8:18am
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

my hair CAN grow longer than what it is now. I can't be its predetermined length yet because I have pictures from 4th grade where my hair was longer.

Sometimes I feel like giving up! I'm getting my hair trimmed on Friday or Saturday...I post pics very soon afterwards!

Time for an update?
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2004 at 9:23am
Sorry guys, I've been so busy with work and college! I have 3 summer classes this year! eccckk!

Anyways, I promise to get them posted up either today or tomorrow!! PROMISE!!

Love you all!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2004 at 7:31am
I wonder if the length it can get to changes over your lifetime? I was made not to get haircuts as a child, so I know it used to be able to get pretty absurdly long back then, but the recent pony attempt wouldn't get any further than mid-back. I'm not sure why or how it might change, though, or even if it happens to everyone or just to me :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2004 at 6:54am
Hi Amber.. your after pics look great... Just my opinion but I like neat and healthy over an extra inch or so any day! I think because of your trim the next inch will look great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic