Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maybelline Mineral Powder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybelline Mineral Powder
    Posted: October 15 2010 at 10:02am
I actually bought two jars of this. First I got "transparent", found it was way too light for me, then I got a medium colored nude shade. Transparent is mostly glass beads according to the ingredients, the nude is mostly titanium dioxide.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this product, so I thought that at 10 bucks a pop it might be worth writing about. I am in my 30s and have oily skin, and that may be the source of my troubles, perhaps this works great on those who are younger and have less wrinkling going on.

PROS: It absorbs oil fantastically, much moreso than another brand of loose powder I have tried. I now use it on only my forehead and nose, and it works great for this.

CONS: While it looks great right after I apply it, hours later, it cracks and clumps, especially on the chin and around the mouth where talking and smiling make wrinkles, making my face look like cracked up desert sands by the end of the day - which looks much worse than if I'd worn nothing.

I have tried it both over foundation, and without any foundation. Both ways give me the same amount of clumping. So, in the end, I wound up wearing foundation alone with no powder, and using this powder only on my forehead and nose, where nothing gets cracked or wrinkled.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic