Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Waist length long hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waist length long hair?
    Posted: October 19 2010 at 11:39am
Hi, I was just wondering how many of you have waist length long hair or want to have it? I think it looks beautiful on men and women and am aiming for that myself. What are some pros and cons?
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 5:14pm
Me.  i am wanting waist length hair!  I think it's beautiful too! Well, I don't see any pros or cons.  I don't think that length of hair doesn't take much work of maintenance at all.
Shannon D. Bax
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 5:44pm
Hi Dark40. I am soo glad you are growing your hair to your waist. How long is your hair now and how do you like to wear it?
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 5:18am

I am a male aged around 37. I have waist length hair. I dont see any problems of Maintenance. Ofcourse my wife does everything for me. She also encourages me and she is proud that i have a longer than hers. Such encouragement ensures that pros outweighs cons.

By the way my hair length is around my waist. I have posted my picture elsewhere several times on this site.

thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 8:07am
Wow that is awesome vivek. I will check out the pictures. Does your wife do any cool styles for you and do you think you will grow any longer? Any tips for me?
Miss Burgundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Burgundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 8:02pm
I keep going between waist and tail bone because I'm trimming out henna. It's a little past tail bone now but will be waist length again soon.

I can't think of many pros at the moment. Just one, and that would be how low maintenance it is. But, for me, that also includes any length that's about mid back or longer.

As for a con, I can't get a bun to stay for very long. It doesn't wrap around enough times to have enough hair to tuck the ends under, if that makes sense. The ends slip out easily then the whole things comes tumbling down. I'm lucky if it will stay up through out my whole morning exercises. Buns stay up better on me when my hair is at tail bone or longer.
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 11:08pm
Awww Miss Burgunday. Your hair sounds amazing. How long did it take you to grow your hair that long? I too am growing my hair to my waist or longer even tho I am a guy. I cannot wait to see how it looks. Any tips and is it an ok look for a guy?
Miss Burgundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Burgundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 6:38pm
I love long hair on men! I think waist is a good length for men.

It took about two years for my hair to go from a bit above chin down to the tail bone. But my hair grows fast and that was also without any trims.

As for tips, read a lot about long hair care on this site and others to help you get down a routine that works for you. It's all individual. But the basics I picked up are to just be gentle on the hair so the ends don't break off. Comb and wash gently. Air dry. Don't use too much heating tools or chemicals, if any at all. Also eat healthy, take vitamins, drink lots of water, exercise, don't do drugs or smoke, etc.. Being healthy can boost your growth speed and anagen phase (the time hair grows before it sheds) to it's maximum potential (determined by genetics), if it's not there already.

Good luck growing!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:14am
Thart, you sound familiar, like someone who used to be on this site asking questions all the time. How about posting a photo of yourself?
Who has more fun than people?
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 11:49am
Thank you Miss Burgundy. I love it that you like long hair on me. Your hair definately grows fast and you should really be proud of it. Thank you for the tips as well. i will definately do my best to have amazing long hair. What do you think of waist length on me?
Kramer this is my first time on the site. I will post pictures when I can find out how to do it. I just have plain pictures not links or anything.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 9:49am
I used to have waist length. I want it back now (of course, we all could have predicted that). It is now a little longer than bsl, so it won't take too long to get back there. It was not a problem to have it that length.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 11:32am
Awwww I feel bad you cut our hair. How long was it before you cut it and why did you cut it off? You hair looks amazing by the way. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 1:33pm
Thanks! It was waist length, and I trimmed it shorter because I had gotten into dye again and lightened it to light blonde. I wasn't liking the dryness and splits, but in retrospect, I probably could have just trimmed a little more instead of taking off as much.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 5:38pm
Awwwww it was probably quite a change after the trim and everything. How did you like to wear ur hair when it was long and what do you think about guys like myself trying for waist length hair?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 12:08pm
I always liked long hair on guys. I can't speak for all women, but that was always something that got my attention, so I think if you want to try it, you should. I wore my hair in different kinds of buns mostly.
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 2:22pm
Thanks I appreciate the help. Do you think buns would be okay for a guy too?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 4:52pm
Well, it will definitely look unusual, but I can see it looking nice.  I guess it depends how thick-skinned you are if anybody says anything not nice to you about it.   I don't why people would be that way, to be negative about something they don't usually see, but unfortunately, some are.  (I think it ought to be up to you how you wear your hair, and nobody else should be concerned with it, since its not on them.)
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 9:48pm
Thank you I appreciate it. Have you ever styled a guys long hair?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 1:12pm
Nope.  My ex used to ask me to cut his long hair for him (he never wanted it much longer than shoulder length), but none of the guys I knew ever wanted styling.  They did their own ponytails.
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 5:06pm
Awwww I love doing ponytail with my hair too but I actually like to style my hair more feminine sometimes. Is there anything wrong with that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic