Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Types of nails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
studioalice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studioalice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Types of nails
    Posted: October 30 2010 at 5:27am

There are several types, but the common ones are porcelain and gel nails.

Edited by Karen Shelton - November 01 2010 at 7:57am
mtptl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2010 at 9:14pm
The best ones I have found are the ones used for birds. They look like regular scissors except at the tip of the blades are C cut outs facing each other. I don't like to use the "guillotine" type like you use to dogs on cats. I think it does damage to the nail and it is harder to control while holding a squirming cat. I trim my cats (all 8 of them) toe nails once or twice a month using the bird trimmers.

=====================
Seo Company Glasgow|Seo Services Glasgow

rickydom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickydom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 10:22pm
When you wash your hands in the bath and others, so be sure to dry your nails properly and apply a cream or lotion, use on nails too. This is because the soap makes the nails dry and brittle.The best time to file your nails when you are already wearing varnish. This will prevent splitting or breaking nails.
anac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 6:31am
edexsolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edexsolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 6:12am

Trendiest and most common types of artificial nails, including acrylic, gel, porcelain and silk or fiber wraps.

emmajohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 6:34am

Here is a list of different types of nails, followed by tips on different hammering techniques.
a.. Common Nail - a general purpose nail for construction work
b.. Box Nail - lighter nail, used for thin wood
c.. Wire Nail - smallest version of the common nail
d.. Drywall Nail - secures wall panels
e.. Finishing Nail - used for finishing work because the head is small and sinks beneath the surface; used for cabinets or areas where you want nails to be painted over and not seen
f.. Casing Nail - a heavier version of the finishing nail, can be used outdoors
g.. Wire brad - small nail used for molding, like the finishing nail, the top sinks in
h.. Aluminum Roofing Nail - for metal or plastic roofing, has a plastic washer for watertight seal
i.. Roofing Nail - used for roofs because of its extra large head to hold down shingles; also usually has a coating to resist water
j.. Masonry Nail - this is the hardest of nails, made of steel to hammer in concrete
k.. Double-headed Nail - used for project where nails will be removed later; great for overhead work, so nails can be seen, then removed
l.. Cut Nail - this is the only nail without a sharp end; it's used on flooring
m.. Tacks - these short sharp nails are used to hold carpet or fabric in place

porcarokinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcarokinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2011 at 3:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic