Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relaxer for a guy - to use or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxer for a guy - to use or not?
    Posted: March 17 2011 at 8:04pm
Don't do it.
Shannon D. Bax
avillax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avillax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 9:47am
That's crazy don't do it. Check my post, I have the same hair as you and I get it straight naturally.
johnbrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2010 at 10:09am
My hair is naturally very curly, wavy, frizzy.. all of the above. Last summer I started getting my hair relaxed at a salon, and did so about every 2 months. In May of this year, however, I noticed an itchy rash on my scalp, and had it checked out by a dermatologist. He did a biopsy, and while I never heard back on the final results of it - apparently they'd have to do another to be absolutely sure of what it was - the lab thought it may have been folliculitis.

The dermatologist recommended I don't get my hair relaxed any more. That was June.. it's now October, and my hair is driving me crazy. I really want to get my hair relaxed again, but I'm afraid the rash/folliculitis thing would come back (it's mostly gone) or my hair would fall out, or something to that effect.

What should I do here? Was the rash the product of the person applying the relaxer being careless, or a type of relaxer my skin didn't agree with, or was I getting it done too often? Should I go for it, or not risk it and deal with my hair as is? Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic