Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drastic Haircut! Picture included!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drastic Haircut! Picture included!
    Posted: May 11 2004 at 8:50am
Hi everyone,

No, I haven't died. I've just gotten extremely busy and even my own parents haven't heard from me in a little while (though I did call my dear mother on Mother's Day!)

So the reason I'm posting: I took the plunge and got my hair cut. (Hal - I hope you're reading this!) My avatar/icon to the left will give you a good idea what my hair was like before. I got about a foot taken off. And after...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286904373&congratulation_page=Y
(if you can't get the picture to work, keep clicking the broken image link until it pops up.)

While I loved the way my hair looked long, it was absolutely fried from blow-drying, took vats of conditioner and styling products and way too long to style in the morning (my hair is naturally wavy I like it straight.) Yesterday I did the unthinkable: I got out of the shower, ran some mousse through my hair...and left my house. My hair literally styles itself: I don't have to do a darn thing to it. Not only that, but I really like the new style. Plus, my hair doesn't fly into my face and get stuck to my lipstick when driving with the window down.

Yes, I loved the long hair look. Yes, part of me misses it. But a bigger part is loving the extra time I have in the morning and the completely different look.

Thanks for letting me share. I hope you're all enjoying the week!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 9:24am
It looks awesome. Should should be very proud of yourself for taking the plunge. Mark
HAWG
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 12:13pm
Lyris!
I'm banging my fingers on my keyboard as fast as I can with anticipation of seeing your new look.. of course... Its posted at a site blocked my works intra net! Franticly booting my laptop so I can "dial in" and scoot around my "blocked" problems! Booting up... come on... come ON! Dialing in... connecting... Internet explorer.... hairboutique.com... getting to your post... clicking..OMG... sooo nice! It looks a look like a sim I did for you! Its incredible how different you look... how has you new look been received by family and friends?
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 12:16pm
Women can try different lengths and looks. You've done long hair and can grow it out again if you're so inclined. Lyris, your new look is very hot. Enjoy a new look.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:06pm
Is it permissable for a grown man to cry on a keyboard? (lol) I'm glad you like it, but I admit I'm super-prejudiced for long on most women. You did get a nice cut, however. Bob
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:11pm
Hahaha Hal your stream of consciousness is hilarious. I admit, the sim you created was part of my inspiration.

Bob - I understand completely how you feel. As much as I love long hair on others, it was just too much of an endeavor for me. I depart the ranks of long-haired beauties just a touch bittersweetly...but with much extra time in the morning! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:17pm
Hi Lyris,

New cut looks great on you. Loved your long hair too, but this shows you could pretty much wear any style you want to. By the way, you should post a "before" of your long hair with the new 'do, if you have a fairly recent one.

Oh, and I belated apologize for emailing Hal about your post and sending him into the frenzy of trying to access the photo.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:47pm
Lyris...LUV the new cut!! Well done!! I too have been contemplating at best a good trim...oh say about 4-5 inches...seems to take soooo much longer to get ready in the a.m. However this is the longest mine has ever been...is very healthy, get compliments everyday....so will continue w/it....I'm curious to see just what my growth potential is while maintaing a healthy, good looking head of hair. By the way...still a faithful follower of All Soft and the Mica Spray (from Salley's) thanks to you!! Again...love your new cut...you wear it well!

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 1:57pm
Lyris.. if you still have that sim.. could you email it to me.. I want to show it to Becky if you don't mind...
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 2:41pm
Glad to see your happy with your transition to shorter hair - it looks good to me
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
ballet dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballet dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 4:06pm
Looks great Lyris :)
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 4:11pm
Beautiful Lyris! Just like you, I am thinking of getting a haircut but unlike you, I am too chicken to really do it.

One of these days, I tell myself. One of these days... sigh.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 7:03pm
Thank God for the chickens of the world, Crazygirl! Three cluck salute for you! When women have enchanying long hair like you, I don't care what the reason is for keeping it. These eyes always hate to see it vanish. I respect the choice, but my heart sinks.
My own wife would opt fot the "practical" stumpy ponytail look if I ceased to take care of it for her. She knows her tresses look extraordinary, but she is more a no-nonsense person. As things stand now, her hair is 2 or 3" above her waist.
She wouldn't go short b/c she thinks short is "mannish", but she'd go with the minimum length she could pull back during summer if left to her own preference. BTW, I think most women look pretty good with pixies. "Mannish" is her opinion, even tho' hers was cropped above her ears and neck for a few years! Go figure. (lol) Bob
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 9:03pm
Hi Lyris! Great haircut!!!! Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 7:24am
Hal - I don't have the sim anymore :-( as I had to get my computer switched out. Blasted technology!

I don't do a lot of things that scare me in this life, but getting this cut was one of them. I went to the best stylist in town (my boyfriend goes to him) and showed him a picture of Cameron Diaz's hair from a few years ago. He was done in 15 minutes and I had about 12 inches less hair! Initially I walked out of the salon and stared in the rearview mirror at the shortest piece in the front thinking, whoa....that won't even go into a ponytail! But about an hour later I was warming to it. By the next day I loved it!

One thing I really like about the layered look (as opposed to my one-length 'do) is that it hides damage easily. Everyone gets those little pieces where hair has broken off, be it from chemical processes, the hairdryer or a bad run-in with a wire brush. On my old style those areas were painfully obvious. Now, the layers blend any damage rather well.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 7:25am
Mylissa - yes, I still love All Soft (the smell!!!!!!!) and the Mica spray. Use it every week! :-)

Here is another "before" picture." This was taken late last year, so my hair was a few inches longer just before the big chop. Long hair lovers, please don't cry....it might have looked good but it felt like straw from a Halloween haywagon ride.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid116/p3da1e8cf8de9f84c518c802bbfc727bc/f8b1eb8c.jpg
(cut and paste that URL into a new browser window address bar....the direct link apparently doesn't work.)

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 10:59am
Originally posted by CrazyGirl CrazyGirl wrote:

Beautiful Lyris! Just like you, I am thinking of getting a haircut but unlike you, I am too chicken to really do it.

One of these days, I tell myself. One of these days... sigh.

If you would like to see how Lyris's or any other cut would look on you ... I can help. It only took Lyris a year an a half to take my advice...lol I'm still batting 1000! I have yet to make a sim, have someone take it to a stylist and come home unhappy!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 2:49pm
Hal...is your arm OK?

I'm just worried for your personal well-being...placing your arm at such an angle patting yourself on the back...

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2004 at 9:50pm
You look incredible! Glad to hear you like the new look.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2004 at 5:27am
I was hoping you'd keep your hair long, but now that you've cut it, I've got a suggestion. I was looking at your picture and wonder, maybe you'd look real good with a jaw to chin length, one length precision cut bob. Maybe angled a bit, with a wedge in the back. What do you think? I'm not trying to pressure you, just making a humble suggestion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic