Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I pick running shoes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vijay12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijay12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I pick running shoes?
    Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:03pm
I've been running a lot lately, and sometimes my feet will hurt real bad. I think It's
because of my shoes. I'm currently wearing Nike span 6+. I think the problem is that my feet are too wide for the narrow fit nikes. What shoes would be best for me to use?
===========

buying gold and silver
AlexisJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 10:46pm
People with wider feet can have problems with pain and cramping especially with shoes that are supposed to improve the running experience.
The reason for this is that wider feet are naturally more adapt to exercise in it's natural form (without shoes). Many people with wider feet have Native American (or other older genetics).

There is a shoe that you can find at REI that is designed to be very bare and designed around the foot. (Almost like running without shoes at all). A lot of athletes are using them now.
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:19pm
You should buy shoes that has extra size example if you are size 7 you have to buy shoe size which is 7 and half because of feet expand as we walk or running.
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 1:13pm
You might also look at getting a special insole and cutting it to fit your shoe, which would help the bottom of your feet from hurting. Also, you might try switching to running on an indoor track or on an outdoor path that has the soft asphalt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic