Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major purchase on full lace wig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bostonlady1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bostonlady1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major purchase on full lace wig
    Posted: December 17 2010 at 7:38am

Hello all,

I have posted and lurked here for the least three years  now. I have worn only one customized full lace wig and bought several synthetics over the last couple of years.

The CV I purchased my first customized lace wig from did not send me a good unit. So, I can’t go back to them.

Now I have been researching three companies that seem to have nice units. Sassysecret, My little Secrets and The hair network. Now, I understand everyone is going to have customers complain from time to time. These three companies have had complaints against them so I have to take that into consideration. However, I am about to drop close to $600 on a lace wig. That is quite a bit of money for me that I can not afford to lose.

Do any of you have any suggestions/warnings for me going into this?. Please send me a private message. I really do appreciate the feedback.

Thank you!

Edited by Bostonlady1 - December 17 2010 at 7:39am
AngryCustomer04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryCustomer04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 10:00pm
There is so much to say that is wrong about Zarawigs.com.  This company is in the business of making lace front wigs.  I was told that a custom made unit takes 6-8 weeks. First I want to address how they handle customer service.  The only time you will get a prompt response is when you want to make a payment.  Other than that they will take forever, like more that 24-48 hours to answer your email or phone call.  If you try to contact them by phone it is even harder.  It is very unlikely that they will ansewer the phone at any given time.  Secondly, they use some wig maker in China.  Who ever they are using they need to get rid of them.  It will take you longer than 6-8 weeks to get your unit.  When you try to ask zarawigs where is your unit they cannot give you an honest ansewer, or they will tell you it takes time to get in touch with the wig makers in China.  Well I have been waiting over 20 days to get a response from zarawigs as to where my wigs are.  At this point right now after being a customer with them for years I cannot take their shady business practices any longer.  The units I have ordered over two months ago they have no idea where they are. They even had the nerve to   send me an email that my units are ready to be shipped to me, only to find out after I made payment in full, that the units are not ready and they have no idea where my units are, but they took my money will quick. I have waited to get some sort of response at to where is the products I ordered and no one at zarwigs can be upfront and honest with me.  I must say their customer service is horrible.  Basically I am looking into getting a refund of my money.  I would advise anyone looking into a lace front wig.....BUYER BEWARE IF YOU ARE ORDERING FROM  ZARAWIGS.COM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bostonlady1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 9:51am
AngryCustomer04, thanks for the heads up on Zarawigs. I did check out their site too before I ended up purchasing a wig from MyLittleSecrets. I ordered the "Hottie" 100% Indian Remy full lace wig for $308.00.  I ordered the wig through paypal and received it two days later, which was pretty quick. 
I will say this of Mylittlesecrets, they deliver quickly. The wig did have a funny smell to it when it arrived. Not a stink smell but maybe it was just a processed smell?. The color is dull as heck!. I thoght it would be a bit brighter like the one I saw reviewed on utube(see review of "london") But it is a dull color. I also had no idea that once a wig sent styled to you it is basically unable to style any other way!. It is supposed to be a free styled wig but I can't part it any other way no matter how hard I try!. I am seriously considering selling it( I have not cut the lace yet). I sent the owner a email asking if I could send it back for a diffrent color but she has not replied back to me.  I had it for two days already when I emailed her about taking it back and her return disclaimer says after two days she will not accept wigs.
I will not be ordering from her again. Like I said, she is quick to get your order to you but the fact that I can't even style the wig any way I want is a turn off big time.

Edited by Bostonlady1 - January 03 2011 at 9:55am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bostonlady1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 10:59am

After much thought I have decided to keep my little secrets wig. I showed it to a couple of my gf's (still haven't cut lace) and they said the color does actually work with my skin tone.  They also noticed the color looked dull though. As for the style....I'll hae to figure that one out on my own.  I did also get a email back from the owner saying she would send me an exchange if I wanted. I just don't want to have to pay money to send it back and maybe I can even color it darker?

Well, I learned that  My little Secrets does have good customer service. I'm still not sure I would order from her again though..just not impressed with the light yaki hair.

Edited by Bostonlady1 - January 04 2011 at 11:03am
shoescheapchina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoescheapchina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 1:24pm
Bostonlady1 thank you for all that you have shared.  It is nice to hear what you experienced because it helps everyone else who is thinking of buying a lace front wig down the road.  Thanks to AngryCustomer.  It is unfortunate you had such a bad experience but it helps to know the good and the bad.
hairbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 2:26am
SmileI am sorry to hear that you have the bad experience online shopping.

Edited by hairbeauty - June 23 2011 at 8:13am
I am the fan of lace wigs.

nancyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 1:32am
Hello My friend
Thank you for your attention
We are lace manufacturer in China.We supply the full lace wig,lace front wig.
And have the color 1 1B 2 4 different length and styles in stock.
Or can custome made accord your require
If there is any interesting,please feel free to tell me
Thank you
Nancy
Email:luckywig@gmail.com
Tel:86-13884942602
Msn:lovelywig@hotmail.com

Vigin indian, virgin malaysian weave, lace wig in stock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic