Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Care Idea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jinie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Care Idea
    Posted: January 20 2011 at 1:24pm
I have very long straight hair...but it always rough..can you please suggest me some best hair care tips for getting healthy soft and shiny hair..

Thank u. 

Edited by jinie - February 12 2011 at 8:43am
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2011 at 12:38pm
Redken Smooth Down 

Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 5:15pm
You can try Pantene Pro-V shampoos and conditioners.  Or, Cholestrol by Queen Helene.   They both leave my hair nice, smooth, healthy, and shiny looking.
Shannon D. Bax
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 10:22pm
Use hair conditioner so that your hair will become smooth and manageable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 11:25pm
Be careful if you use Pantene, it will coat your hair, so just be sure to clarify at least once a month.

imuniq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imuniq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 1:25am
grate ideas i am looking for such a nice suggestions i want also a shine and simple hair ..
JaneyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 8:16pm
Hi there!

Is anyone considering getting a Brazilian Keratin treatment?
(aka Brazilian Blow Dry). Or have you had one?

If so, can you help me out by posting any questions/issues you have with this treatment, on: www.diyhair.me/ask

In return, I'll send you a FREE copy of the new resource I'm working on.

Thank you,

Janey
hairfashion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by DoctoredLocks DoctoredLocks wrote:

Be careful if you use Pantene, it will coat your hair, so just be sure to clarify at least once a month.

I wonder whether I can use pantene to wash my lace wigs which I bought several month ago?

Edited by hairfashion - June 27 2011 at 7:20pm
hairfashion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by DoctoredLocks DoctoredLocks wrote:

I wonder whether I can use pantene to wash my lace wigs which I bought several month ago?

Edited by hairfashion - June 27 2011 at 7:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 3:07pm
Do not use on on wigs, use a wig shampoo

Edited by DaveDecker - August 28 2011 at 2:12pm
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:42am
Regularly massage your scalp with some good oil and then wash it with good shampoo and make sure to do it with cold water as hot water can burn your hair. 
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 8:57pm

Use a shampoo that will nourish your hair. Get a shampoo that is sulphate, paraben and wax free so it doesn’t strip your hair and deplete the natural oils that help make your hair soft and shiny. I like the Loreal Evercreme because it has no sulphates or salts and it has botanicals. It is very thick and creamy like a conditioner and does not strip my hair.

You can also get a really good deep conditioner, this helped me the most. I love the Nexxus Humectress, the Macadamia deep repair hair masque or the mixed chicks deep conditioner. Doing deep conditioning treatments really helps to make your hair soft and hydrated. Leave the conditioner on your hair for at least ten minutes, longer if your hair is very dry and damaged. You can also try placing a plastic shower cap on your hair with the deep conditioner on and then using the blow dryer to heat the cap allowing the hair to really absorb the benefits of the conditioner. Then rinse your hair with cold water.

You can also try oil treatments. Try putting oil on your hair overnight and washing it out in the morning. I find this helps to make my hair soft and shiny. I use coco nut oil but there are numerous oils you can try such as olive oil, argon/Moroccan oil and tea tree oil.

Make sure you keep your hair trimmed; if the ends aren’t healthy it can make your hair look and feel rough.

Also you can try using finishing serums to help give your hair that extra sine after styling, I use the Chi Silk Infusion.

Good Luck

felicia209 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felicia209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2012 at 4:35am
Avocado & Egg Yolk
Mash a small avocado and combine with an egg yolk. Apply to hair for 15 minutes, then rinse and wash your hair as usual. This is a great moisturizing mask for your hair.
Mayonnaise Conditioner
Apply 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to damp hair. Work into hair and then cover with a shower cap or towel for up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and then shampoo as usual.

kimadam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:38am
Apply Egg white on our hair, as it is a rich origin of protein. However, we cannot do this dirty work on a normal basis. If you love testing with your hair, like, perming, styling or coloring, use a protein rich shampoo. You would see that this Haircare Item would improve and refresh the hair shafts.
AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2012 at 9:33am

Try an apple cider vinegar rinse.  I use a 1 liter bottle and mix about 6 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and then fill the bottle up with water.  Get yourself some conditioner too.  I also use diluted shampoo as well.

Here is what I do:  I wet my hair with warm water in the shower then pour the diluted shampoo over my hair and give it a good scrub.  Rinse it out under the shower.  Then I apply my VO5 conditioner to the length and if I have some left on my hands I run them over my entire head.  I let it sit on my hair while I do the rest of my shower.  Then rinse the conditioner out well.  Then I pour some of the vinegar and water over my hair making sure that I get some on all of my hair.  That's it.  No need to rinse the vinegar out.  Not sure why vinegar works on my hair but it really does make it very soft and smooth and shiny.
dcssalman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcssalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2013 at 3:51am
I suggest you the best natural way is use mustard oil it will make your hair longer stronger and shiny 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 9:20am
I use a very little bit of coconut oil.

If you have hard water, using a vinegar rinse after conditioning will help greatly. Hard water mixes with soap and shampoo to leave a film on the hair which dulls it. The vinegar rinse will remove it, leaving the hair naturally shiny. (If you have soft water, it won't make any noticeable difference in softness and shine, so you will be able to tell after doing it once if its useful for you to do or not.)
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Rachel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 12:59am
Have you ever wished to flaunt super smooth hair and be a head turner? Smooth hair can be achieved by a process called hair smoothing. It utilizes broadly two methods- natural and chemical. I always prefer natural method. So, The natural hair smoothing methods are:

1. Use the shampoo suitable for hair type
          2. Rinse with cold water
          3. Comb carefully
          4. Proper conditioning
          5. Take a break from heat
          6. Blower Drying techniques
          7. Say no to chemicals
          8. Trimming is important
          9. Mayonnaise mask
          10. Aloe Vera gel
          11. Egg pack
          12. Banana pack
          13. Vinegar rinse
          14. Hot oil treatments

You can also use various chemical alternatives to achieve smooth and straight hair. However these are expensive but do provide you a permanent solution (4-6 months). But first you should try natural methods. Hope that this will help for you.

Rachel !!!
salon5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salon5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 1:09am
scalp massage is best way to care your hair.
hairdressing salons
Belloavenue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belloavenue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 5:15am
You can use hair care shampoo or conditioner for this.If still your hair curly I will suggest you to consult any good hair care saloon.In saloon there are many professional who can help you...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic