Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to cut my own hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stgermaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stgermaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to cut my own hair
    Posted: January 27 2011 at 12:44am
Hi

I have a pair of thinning scissors and I want to cut my own hair so that it looks something like this:

I've done thinning with the scissors (cutting vertically) but I need to get my hair shorter...when I get my hair cut at a salon they do this thing where they grab some hair between their index and middle fingers and they cut that particular tuft of hair 2-3 times quickly at different places--at the first time nearer to the scalp and the next ones are closer to the end of the hair.

Also, how can I cut my hair so that my head looks a bit more flatter at the top? I still want it to have a nice circular arc but right now it looks like the top of a Saguaro cactus and makes my head looks elongated...should I cut more around the top rather than on the sides or what?

Thank you~

Edited by stgermaine - January 27 2011 at 1:02am
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 3:10am
I insist that you should go to parlor to get your hair done so it would be look like that on the picture you've posted.
brentSy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brentSy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 1:20am
I agree. For this kind of styling, I insist that you should go to a parlor to make your hair done just the way you wanted. I think it's difficult to style your own hair.

Edited by Administrator - January 21 2012 at 6:20pm
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 1:21am
It's very difficult to cut our own hair. Its better to find a perfect hair dressers for your hair cut.
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2012 at 12:15am
That is a cute style.

The problem is in the layering of the cut.  It would be difficult to cut it in a mirror.  You need someone to cut it for you.  Plus, you need someone to see your face.  This cut is very much dependent on the face.

To get this, someone has to look at your face out of your own perspective.  An eye that is not based on what you see, but what others would see. A person really has to look at your at least three feet away from you to see if the effect is right.   Once you try to do it yourself... it will be wrong.

This hairstyle needs a professional touch.  Someone who can "read" your face and make the cuts accordingly.  This cut is a face thing.  It can't just be created from the picture.  You need someone who understands what your hair does, where it will lie, and how to frame your own face derictly to make it work.

I would not recommend this being done at home.
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic