Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do You Like To Play Golf?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NinaGreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do You Like To Play Golf?
    Posted: February 14 2011 at 7:53pm

Do you like to play golf?  If so, do you play with a regular group of friends or just a single person.  Do you do it for business or for fun.

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 15 2011 at 10:44am
krissgale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krissgale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 1:58am
Yup!
I love to play Golf Game
oliviacage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliviacage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2011 at 5:21am
No, I don't like to play golf. It's so boring...
WholesalePurses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WholesalePurses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 2:20am
I love to play golf.

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 12 2012 at 4:39am
Purses Wholesale
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 7:52am

Hi all,

I actually wanted to learn to play golf because I thought it would be good exercise and nice to be outside.  I actually took lessons but I totally sucked at it.  Just couldn't get the right stance to hit the balls and it took forever to finish a game.  Plus I got sunburnt.

But I certainly tried.  :-)  Thanks for the topic. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 4:13am
I haven't tried to play it but if given a chance, I think I'll do enjoy this kind of sports. 
Boehma18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boehma18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 11:48pm

How To Prep For A Golf Tournament

1. Select a good golf course and facilities that can accommodate all the needs that you have and make sure that their staff employees are likewise accommodating. Check with the employees and ensure that you tell them what you need and what you want to happen especially if you plan on having an awards or some sort of ceremonies after the tournament with Ping G15 irons. This is also the time you should think of the number of golfers that you would allow to compete. You may want to check the staff recommendations, especially if they have a record of golf tournaments in their place.

2. It might be great if you make an information brochure explaining and advertising the tournament in a clear and concise manner, with a format that is easy and relaxing to read. Put in a concise registration form along with the brochure.

3. You should not forget about getting tournament sponsors. Order early the course signage. It might take some time in getting all the logos you need for printing. Be sure that the tournament sponsors you got have first approved the publication materials before taking them for printing. Many tournament sponsors have very strict specifications about the use of their logos and expect you to follow the guidelines that they have.

4. Consider the goodie bags or giveaways in the tournament. You could give shirts, tees, hats, balls, among others. You could also keep a supply of sunscreen packets and bottled water. If you are giving awards, you should order the trophies early.

5. You can buy a database (or design if you can do one) for the registration process in helping you track the players you have as well as the team pairings.

6. Make sure that the golf staff is recognized easily. They should be easily distinguished with a special hat or golf shirt.

7. Do a short checklist of the things you need to finish or accomplish in preparation for your tournament. Try to do everything as early as possible.

8. Inform the players of the rules and requirements of the system. Make sure that they do have the necessary equipment or tools for play, such as score cards, balls, tees, among others.

9. Make sure that there is proper and enough nourishment at the tournament. There should be enough food and drinks available in the various points around and on the course.

10. Prepare for worst-case scenarios like course problems, injuries, etc.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 12 2011 at 4:37pm
Walker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 4:50pm
Yes I love to play golf, I am in a regular group on Sat AM.
x-fireball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-fireball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 8:56am
Is that a sport? :)
zimkimgorze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zimkimgorze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 8:57pm
Yes, its a sport.  Did you ever hear of Tiger Woods?  He made a lot of money playing golf.  I don't think he's doing well now because of all the personal scandals but he made it into a very lucrative sport.
mannhurst.hurst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mannhurst.hurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2012 at 12:38am
Do you really like to play Golf Games and looking for free online Golf Games? Good when you're a little bored and would like do something else.
KarenGreene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenGreene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 12:04am
after I found out I can have white wine while I putt I love going now lol
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 5:01pm
Golf.  Why is there golf?  Who came up with the idea of hitting a ball then going after it.  Instead of picking it up, puttingit  in your pocket and doing something more with while, like leaving, you just hit it again toward a flag.  That is supposed to be the place you try to hit too, the seeing it get caught up in a tree is more fun... yet, it's the rules.  Now, you have to knock that little ball into a hole.  After getting it in and becoming frustrated... you do ritual all over again!

What? I'd rather go hiking and leave the ball.  The scenery is better.

But what do you expect from those who created it.

A long time ago in Scotland, sheep hearders had nothing better to do but walk the fields and pick up stones that could hurt the sheeps hooves.  So instead of just picking them up and throwing them away, they decided to take sticks and hit them across the pasture.  Keeping there terriers back, they had a contest to see how many hits it would take to sink the ball in rodent hole.  I think they were very bored.  Once someone won, the terrier would be released and wiggle it's way into the hole to find the vermin and have it for breakfast... which was what was supposed to be happening in the first place!

All in all, you do not want to say how stupid the game is to a Scot, because they were nutorious throughout history for cutting off your head and putting it on a spike!

Never complain about golf to Scots.  Do not have your placed on a spike.  Say that you love golf and keep your head
Guys like me notice!
daffodil1003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffodil1003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 5:13pm
I tried to learn golf.  I tried to like golf.  I even paid to take lessons but I just couldn't not get into it.  It was great exercise though.  I enjoyed that part of the sport.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2012 at 3:45pm

I have never played golf, other than mini golf of course and watching golf is quite boring but I have always wanted to try it out anyway. I figured I would need to go and learn how to hit the ball first before I take on the course or else if probably be hitting them all over the place and having to chase them down.

boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 9:57am
We have this hi tech 2 story driving range in Dallas that has microchips in the balls so it tells you where it lands, and the holes are set up like bullseye targets. You can also play games and score points, I'd compare it to bowling but with a driving range. They have a full menu, bar and waitresses. Its expensive compared to a normal driving range, but its makes it fun for everyone to participate, even if you're not good, and games last for about an hour.
aleenajoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleenajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 12:31am
I can't play Golf but l love to learn that how to play in some country the Golf is consider the game of rich people , common man can't play it .

king size beds
queenofmakeup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenofmakeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 8:10am
I do and I so love it!

This is one way of bonding with my friends especially on weekends, and we enjoyed every minute of it   
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2012 at 2:08am
nah ! i find gold pretty much monotonous to play
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic