Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting and heat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondie3500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie3500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting and heat
    Posted: April 03 2011 at 12:46pm
My hairdresser colors my brown hair to bring the base up a few colors and then highlights on top of that. My hair seems to be very fragile and basically not in great shape despite all the conditioning we do.I have lots of breakage.   When she highlights my hair, she wants to put me under the dryer to speed it up. I have been told by other hairdressers this is more damaging to your hair. She says it does more damage to leave the product on longer, than to speed the process. I would be willing to wait for the process longer if it were less damaging to my hair. What is the real answer ?   
elumencolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elumencolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 2:41pm
the real answer is that time means money. Using heat is something that the hairdressers use to save time. Heat is more aggresive towards the hair and it will cause more damage than if it's being processed in normal room temperature. Another problem with heat is that it can cause hair color to swell and leak out from the foils.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic