Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How should I do my eye makeup and hair for prom?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How should I do my eye makeup and hair for prom?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angallla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angallla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How should I do my eye makeup and hair for prom?
    Posted: April 23 2011 at 4:00pm
Im wearing a long strapless peridot dress that has sequins running down the left side. theres also a triangular slit going down the left side and another little slit at the very top of my dress on the left side. I have medium long dark brown hair and brown eyes. I have olive colored skin with medium high cheek bones and round face. I have been thinking about doing my eye makeup with a smokey brown or green colors. I'd also like some advice on my hair. I like the idea of braids and also curls.
thanks!(:
amy001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2011 at 7:53am
Hi,

Your dress sounds lovely. 

Here's the thing, when it comes to your Prom do you want to showcase your gown or do you want to showcase your hair?  It sounds to me like your dress is so gorgeous that you probably want to really show that off?

If so, then I would suggest you do your hair more simply to avoid pulling attention away from the gown.  Curls may be pretty but they might detract from the gown.

With a strapless dress you may want to draw attention to your beautiful shoulders or back.

You might want to consider pulling your hair back and wrapping it into a soft bun, twist or chignon that is positioned near the top of your head right at the crown.  A high placed twist will balance a round face and show off your cheek bones.

Or if you prefer, you can do a lower knot which rests a little further down - maybe halfway between the top of your head and the nape of the neck.

You also have to consider what type of jewelry you're wearing.  Are you wearing a necklace or stunning earrings?  If so,  you also want to make sure you keep your hair from detracting attention from those.

if you love the idea of a braid, you could create one hairline braid or you could separate out one strand and wrap around the twist, knot or chignon. 

There are literally a ton of Prom hairstyle ideas located here:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/promstyles.htm

View all our Prom hairstyles by visiting the HairBoutique.com Gallery and selecting the Prom option on the Style selector.  You can also look under Updo or Formal for additional Prom hairstyling ideas.

Check out this nape knot Prom appropriate hairstyle at:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip022.htm

Let us know what you decided to do with your hair.

Have an awesome Prom.
amy001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2011 at 7:55am
Also check out:

40 Hot Hairstyle Ideas For Prom - 40 Prom hairstyles with images for Prom Hairstyle inspiration.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic