Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying Hair At Sallys?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
niceshow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niceshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying Hair At Sallys?
    Posted: May 10 2011 at 11:53pm
Is it safe to buy hair at Sallys?  Is the quality good?

Does anyone buy hair at Sallys?

Edited by niceshow - May 11 2011 at 10:38am
MARTIN STORE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARTIN STORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 6:51am
I have never purchased hair at Sally's but it might be OK.  You could start slow and just buy a little to see how it is.  I didn't realize that they sold hair?
LeahWard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahWard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 5:20pm
I have purchased a lot of hair at Sally's.  I have used the i-tips and u-tips, which are pretty decent quality.  However, they are pricey for the quantity of hair.  Additionally, I have used and LIKE the Silky Strands wefted hair.  Again, not much quantity, but convenience won in my situation.  I have tried the Sassy hair too, but I'm not crazy about it.  It tangles a lot!

IMO, buy from Sally's if you are in a hurry :)

I will say their color matched my hair PERFECTLY though, due to their good blending, not coincidence.  Big plus in my opinion.   
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 5:02pm

Hi Leah,

Thanks for the info....its good to know.  Appreciate the post.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
LeahWard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahWard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 9:18am
You're welcome :)  I believe I made a mistake however, it is called SATIN Strands I think... 
Also, a friend of mine had recently removed her much more expensive extensions done at a salon and she says this hair is even better! 

I am sure there is better out there but this is pretty good.  (and convenient)
elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 1:16am
Hair products are very important if you want to have healthy hair. These products help your hair be whatever you want it to be. If you want healthy hair, there is a hair product for that. If you have thin hair but you want thick, there are various shampoos that can do this as well. Anything you want to do with your scalp can be accomplished with hair care products. However, it's easy to get lost in the amount of products that are on the market. These products can be very expensive, or very cheap. As with most things, it's best to stay away from the absolute extremes unless you know what you're doing. A good example of a salon style hair product is sally's beauty.

dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 3:08pm
I've bought hair at Sally's. I got a weft of some Sassy hair and it was awful. I also got some Itips called "Strands" and they were nice. They shed a bit but at $25 per pack of 25 strands they were reasonable and a good quality hair. I think they lasted about 4 months. Not bad.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 26 2011 at 11:25pm
Cheers!
Dawn Combs
www.myhouseofhairextensions.com
allardalfons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardalfons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2011 at 6:07am
FREE SHIPPING on any online purchase over $50! McAfee SECURE sites help .... A product thumbnail of Satin Strands I-Feathers Synthetic Hair · Satin Strands
onlineslots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlineslots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 12:52am
what will be the minimum cost to buy the hairs

Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 8:10pm
When you buy wigs or extensions from a place, you must obey the simple rules.  This is not your hair.  It feels like hair, combs into like hair... even feels like hair, but it it's not.

Let's show the two types:

1. YOUR hair
2. The hair estension:

There is two differences.  IT's easy:

1. one is yours
2. Is not yours.

1. The one that is yours... keeps growing.  From the top of yo0ur scalp...no matter how much you hate iot... it comes from you.  The blood from you scalp finds the folicle and a strand begins to grow.  The first cell grows, then dies... waiting for another one to take it's place... and keepes doing that.  So ladies...when you comb your hair... IT'S DEAD TISSUE!  Sorry...really sorry but true.  SO teen girls who have so much hair they don't know how to messure it, It's dead tissue.

So for these ladies, you ain't moven much... just need something...

Oh, know...girls are akinging me whats on there heaqds... I opened my mouth...

Sticks foot...in mouth... tasty but not good enough...  Another thread... look what I did...
Guys like me notice!
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 8:43pm
I have to say i have used satinstrands i tip and they worked really well. They had shedding but expected for the price. I have also used the satin strands wefts all in malibu blonde color and either i keep getting bad batches or you just cant wash them because after i wash them about 5 times they are hit. ratty and kaka. if your getting wefts for clip ins then there ok just dont wash them lol.
dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2012 at 8:48am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> I just purchased satin strands wefted hair at Sallys in a medium blonde. it cost about $100 bucks. i was nervous buying it but i had used satin strands fusion extensions before and like them. after cutting the wefts and taping them and installing them i was thrilled. the hair matched perfectly to my own and was really beautiful. after washing it a few days later it did become wavy and slightly dry but i deep conditioned it the next time and added leave in conditioner and a silicone coating and its great. i can run my fingers thru it no problem so it seems cuticle correct. great for the money! hope it can go two installs....
Cheers!
Dawn Combs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 12:10am
Please do keep us updated dlcombs8 as the next few weeks go by of your install of the satin strands wefts and washing them. very curious if after a few more washes yours become unmanigable with tangles...
Thanks for your post. Wink
dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 8:16am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> I've had the satin strands taped in wefts, which i made myself, in for a while now (i think its been three weeks) and the hair is pretty amazing. no tangling, no matting, it's soft and has nice waves in it after air drying. i am careful not to use hot or warm water to wash it, use good leave in conditioners on it, and I always air dry. this hair is great! i would buy it again. i only paid $109 and the dark blonde color was a perfect match. been getting many compliments too! I sometimes curl or straighten the hair and it looks beautiful. i really luv it and am very surprised at the quality.
Cheers!
Dawn Combs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 7:35pm
That is excellent, Maybe that is a big reason why that brand never worked for me. I do blow dry and straighten or curl a lot. I simply do not have time to wait to air dry. I did however try the euroextensions from sallys pre cliped and of course you need two boxes but the hair is actually really nice and holds curl better than the satin strands imo. I have yet to blow dry them and probably wont. I will do my best to not be hard on them and see how they work out lol. Thank you for your feedback its nice to hear good things especially after all the bad things ive had happen with those extensions. =)
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 8:21am
I blow dry my hair a lot. I know it isn't good to do so, but time is a factor. I do try to blow dry on the lowest temperature to avoid damage and I may not dry it completely. Just enough to get most of the wetness out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:15pm
stevieb what kind of extensions are you using?

hairpakistan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairpakistan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 3:39am
never purchase but i think buy online is a good option for those who want to buy quality hairs and localy not available so no other option.

hair transplant in pakistanwww.beautyhealth.com.pk
hairpakistan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairpakistan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 3:49am
online buying is always a good option. buyer from different areas can get quality products at their door steps.

Hair Transplant Pakistaninternational hair transplant institute
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic