Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want to grow my hair long but...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Makanudo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makanudo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to grow my hair long but...
    Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:54pm
I'm a guy and i have no idea whatsoever about haircuts hairstyles and stuff like that.

Most of my life i've had short hair because of school  rules but now that im in college it's a whole different story.

The thing is i want to grow my hair at around shoulder level, but i don't know how to do it because my hair seems to grow upwards and to the sides and never down.

Here is a picture of my hair:

So that's my "bird's nest" right there as some buddies call it hahaha.

Anyway what can i i do to grow my hair around shoulder level and not look dirty or just not good in the process?

Thanks
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 7:25am
Hi,

Congratulations on your goal to grow your hair longer.  Although it can seem confusing at the beginning, once you figure out what is best for your hair type and texture it can become progressively easier as you grow your hair.

Your hair from the photo (thanks for including) looks naturally wavy and/or curl.  Until your hair gets some length the curls and waves will tend to grow out and/or up instead of down.  Not to worry, you can train your hair to grow down so that it lays flatter.

Rinse-out and leave-in conditioners will help soften hair so that the natural texture can be redirected. 

How long is your hair now?  Do you use any type of products to help redirect the texture?  Is it naturally curly or wavy?

Thanks for posting.  It's always great when someone shares their hair journeys.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Makanudo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makanudo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 9:59am
Hey thanks for answering!

Right now im not using any products at all but i will when i get home this weekend (im away for college).

What would you recommend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic