Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Michelle Williams Pixie Cut - Too Short?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
sun159159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sun159159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelle Williams Pixie Cut - Too Short?
    Posted: June 08 2011 at 2:25am
Is this pixie cut too drastic?  Does it need to be longer to add softness?

Thoughts?  At least her ears are not too big.  

The%20Pixie%20Cut:%20Love%20It%20or%20Hate%20It?

Edited by sun159159 - June 09 2011 at 3:46pm
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2011 at 3:44pm
Looks perfect to me! Love this look on her!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2011 at 5:00pm
I like the cut overall. I looked at other pics - in some at this length it looks good and in others it looks a little flat or weighted down (maybe too much product... or not enough???). With just a little more length looks great.
noone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2011 at 5:23pm
I think she looks great.  She can definitely wear a short pixie.  I think this is her best look compared to when she had shoulder length hair.  She could be the spokesmodel for the pixie IMO.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2011 at 9:38pm
I love it!
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 5:25am
Personally, I like pixies with a little more length, but she has small features and it looks good on her.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 7:32am
I agree.  While I generally like longer hair (bob length or longer) I think Michelle looks stunning with her pixie.  It's a great look for her.  She has the beauty to carry it off. 
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 2:05pm
     I wouldn't notice the hair of this woman, in a good or bad way, if I saw her at the mall. It's OK but not impressive. NEWSFLASH: I did see a pregnant woman with hair even shorter than MW's in late May, and it looked absolutely amazing on her. So, I'm not TOTALLY prejudiced. LOL But on Michelle, I don't think she looks half as hot since she cut her long hair. Bob [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Bob S - June 10 2011 at 2:06pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 7:15pm
Michelle Williams’s Short Hair Is in ‘Memorial of Somebody Who Really Loved It’

Williams reveals that her decision to go short was an intensely personal one, possibly in tribute to her former partner, Heath Ledger. “I cut it for the one straight man who has ever liked short hair,” she says, “and I wear it in memorial of somebody who really loved it.”

HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 7:16pm
I'm a straight man who prefers short hair on women and I know there are a few more out there, especially ones who visit this board.  Would love for her to read ths post.
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 8:37pm
Love the cut and love the statement she is making...I too am straight and prefer short hair on women.  Wish my wife would go that short.
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 8:39pm
Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate she said that. But oh well. Just feeding the stereotypes.
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 11:08pm
I like it so much more when it is not over-bleached.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 1:37am
If enough of us say we love her will she go long again? What? Too soon?

Who has more fun than people?
HeadBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 2:29am
Straight guy here, I love short hair on women, she wears it well.
Peace to all
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 7:25am
I'm not a straight guy....just a straight woman and I don't have a girl crush on Michelle.  LOL.  But I still love her pixie haircut.  It makes her stand out in Hollywood where everyone is a carbon copy of Jennifer Aniston or Angelina or whomever is the star of the moment.  She was on Ellen recently and she has the slender body and the chiseled face to pull it off.  And she's still young enough.  If she were older it would accentuate every line, sag and bag on her face.  But yeah, even though I love long hair in general, I think Michelle look great.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 7:41am
I'm another straight guy who loves short hair. Her comments scare the crap out of me. Have I gotten that metrosexual? :)

Kramer pulls out a stunning picture of her with long hair but the fact is that most of the time when I saw her with long hair it was scraggly and unkempt and I didn't think worked for her. This short cut has totally allowed her to forge her own identity and is really hot.

What I like about the pixie is not that it is traditionally beautiful but that it is such a statement of confidence on a woman. It doesn't matter if it is totally fixed and precise or messy and unkempt it still makes the girl who wears it stand out. Not everyone has the facial structure to do that well but for those that can it is very attractive.

She is a short hair icon but I haven't liked the ultra-short ultra-bleached version nearly as much as some softer ones she's had when she added a little lenght.

I don't know why more celebs don't chop though. The extra attention they get in media and amongst the fans is undeniable.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 8:02am
Hi Trout,

I agree that celebs get lots of attention from the media and fans when they chop off their hair but sometimes there's a backlash.  Vanessa Hudgens is one prime example.  So many fans just hated her new haircut.  It didn't really suit her face and it actually aged her.  She endured a lot of haters all over the web who just attacked her short hairstyle choice.

Now Ashlee Simpson always seems to go through big chops with grace but her sister Jessica...not so much.  She tried to fool fans with that short layered wig and she looked horrible with short hair.  Her chin is too pointed and she gains weight easily in her cheeks and jaw.  So imagine the attention she would get...if anyone cared.  But probably not good.

I think ultimately the fan attention can turn ugly if the haircut is too short or the celeb just looks bad in short hair.  Not everyone can pull it off and look good.  Just my humble opinion though and you all know I adore long hair.  But when short hair looks good I think it's a great choice.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 3:38pm
      Trout, I know women who wear the ragged long look virtually every day. Michele was indeed one of these. So, while I think that STYLED long hair flattered her much more than the pixie, I'm all for her staying short.
      Over the past 5 or 6 years, I actually *encouraged* two women with unkempt hair to cut theirs when I was asked about my opinion. Usually, I say, "You're joking, right?" But in these cases, both went short and the improvements were dramatic. Bob
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2011 at 8:31pm
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic