Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ihatemyhair!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
4mygurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4mygurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ihatemyhair!!
    Posted: August 31 2004 at 8:59am
MY HAIR IS ON THE SEMI LONG SIDE. I HAD IT CUT 2X THIS YEAR AT TWO DIFFERNT BEAUTY SCHOOLS. THE FIRST CUT WAS A DISASTER THE GIRL CUT MY HAIR AND IT WAS WAY PAST MY SHOULDERS AND THE INSTRUCTOR CAME TO FIX IT UP, BY USING THE SLITHERING TECHNIQUE. MY HAIR COULDN'T TAKE ALL OF THAT! I WENT IN BECAUSE IT WAS BREAKN' OFF, I CAME OUT OF THERE AND IT STARTED COMING OUT EVEN MORE. I WENT TO THE 2ND SCHOOL ABOUT 3WKS LATER AND I TOLD THE LADIES WHAT I NEED AND HOW MY HAIR WAS TREATED THEY HAD A FIT. THEY SAID MY HAIR SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SLITHERED LIKE THAT, YOU SHOULD ONLY USE THAT TECHNIQUE ON WEAVE. SO THEY FIXED THE PROBLEM AND IT REALLY LOOKED NICE, THEY GAVE ME A FEATHER CUT. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT NOW THAT STYLE HAS GROWN OUT PRETTY FAST, THAT WAS IN FEB. OF THIS YEAR! MY QUESTION TODAY IS THAT MY HAIR HAS CONTINUED TO COME OUT THROUGHOUT THE MONTHS BUT NOT AS MUCH. I HAVE A PERM, IT IS STILL SEMI-LONG, IT HAS NO SHINE TO IT, MY SCALP STAYS ITCHY, I HATE TO USE HAIR GREASE IN MY HAIR BECAUSE MAKES MY HAIR FEEL VERY HEAVY, MY SCALP STAYS DRY, I USE OIL SHEEN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, THE SHAMPOO I USE IS PANTENE PRO-V FOR RELAXED AND COLORED HAIR.

I JUST NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS SITUATION.
WHEN MY HAIR IS NOT RIGHT, IT THROWS EVERYTHING ELSE OFF!

FOR THE TIME BEING I WEAR A PONYTAIL, SOMETIMES I FLAT IRON, OR WRAP IT BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK ALL THE TIME. ARE THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
aileendq View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aileendq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 8:02pm
EEEKK. Get rid of the Pantene. They are the absolute worst products. Hair usually doesn't break from a cut. Check your health, any chemicals you put in your hair, and what mechanical means you use to style your hair. Those are the things that cause breakage, not haircuts.

Hope things improve for you!
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 11:34am
Well, Pantene is not for everyone; some get great results but then others have disasterous results. The itchy scalp may well be from the shampoo or other products you are using. I would recommend clarifying your hair, either with a shampoo or an apple-cider vinegar rinse. The apple-cider rinse would definately help with the itchy scalp. Do not wash your hair every day; switch to every other day or even every 3rd day if you can stand it. You might try a really mild shampoo like Dove or i use Biolage for color-treated hair and believe me, i can tell the difference in the moisture my hair retains if i use something else. (the Biolage lasts for a long time; i've had mine for 2 months and still have 3/4 of a bottle left)

Now you have to find a great moisturizer and use it faithfully. Both Dove and Biolage conditioners are great but if your hair is severely dry, you should try Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor. I use it with every wash and love what it does for my curls. Great shine!

I would think that even though your hair is permed you should treat it the same as i would my natraully curly hair. I only comb (with a wide-toothed comb) in the shower after i've applied my conditioner. That's it. After exiting the shower, squeeze out excess water with your towel. No rubbing or it will dry out and frizz your hair= no shine. Apply your leave-in conditioner ( i like Infusium23) and lightly fingercomb thru if you need; not too much or it will result in frizz.

I find that mousse is often more drying than a gel product. I love Suave's Professional line; i use the knockoff of Biolages' gelee. it's called Suave Professional Firm Hold gel. The ingredients include jojoba oil which is really great for moisturizing your hair and it really gave me lots of shine. Anyway, i carefully scrunch in my gel, wrap a towel around my shoulders and let it air-dry for about 10 minutes before diffuse-drying. if it's a little crunchy when dry, i just scrunch a little with my hands.

Hope this helps a little; just remember to condition a lot; try some deep conditioning treatments once a week until your hair is in better shape. SO SORRY this is so LONG!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic