Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Restoring Curls To Bleached Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ghfjdksl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghfjdksl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restoring Curls To Bleached Hair?
    Posted: June 10 2011 at 12:38am

My boyfriend convinced me to go blonde because he loves blondes.  I have naturally curly hair so I decided to honor his wishes. 

I went to a hairdresser who didn't seem to know what she was doing and my hair was very blonde but I couldn't do anything with it other than blow dry it straight.  Then it still looked dry and frizzy and the roots started growing in quickly.

Now I can't get my curls back.  My hair, if I don't blow dry it, sticks straight out but there is no curl or wave. 

I have tried letting my hair air dry or diffuse dry but that just results in a clump.  I also tried the duckbill trick of lifting the top hair which used to help with my natural curls but now it doesn't at all.

I went to a different stylist who told me that the bleach striped the natural oils out of my hair and caused my natural texture to decompress.  She told me to cut my hair (which is shoulder length) super short and then just conditioners and let my bleached hair grow out and start over.

Can that be right?  Do I need to start over?

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 10 2011 at 7:12am
xiaoxiao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xiaoxiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 4:27am
This is gucci bags store, technique Gucci women bag enables Wallets shop and you to enjoy shopping Gucci Messenger shop the omni-directional service and discount gucci store bags.<BR>找礼服结婚杭州婚纱专业婚纱定制.<BR>找侦探当然找上海私人侦探舒尔侦探,成熟的上海私家侦探专业服务者.<BR>白马信息作为专业的google左侧排名, google优化推广服务商, 百度优化服务.嘉迪电子烟厂专业生产电子香烟成品及配件.This is gucci bags store, technique Gucci women bag enables Wallets shop and you to enjoy shopping Gucci Messenger shop the omni-directional service and discount gucci store bags.<BR>找礼服结婚杭州婚纱专业婚纱定制.<BR>找侦探当然找上海私人侦探舒尔侦探,成熟的上海私家侦探专业服务者.<BR>白马信息作为专业的google左侧排名, google优化推广服务商, 百度优化服务.嘉迪电子烟厂专业生产电子香烟成品及配件.
hairbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 8:38am
You will probably need to start over.  Once your hair is trashed from bleach it can't be recovered.  It can only be removed.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
I am the fan of lace wigs.

hairfashion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfashion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 2:00am
yes,I also think so.You must to start over.Your hair had been damaged severely.
office2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote office2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 2:02am

Unfortunately bleach can be very harsh on hair and you most likely will have to start over to get hair back to the curl pattern you want.

Edited by office2010 - July 02 2011 at 7:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic