Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening Systems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charisma2183 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charisma2183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Systems
    Posted: June 17 2011 at 2:41am
I am a stylist looking to find something similar to the Brazilian Blowout.  I've been averaging 7-10 per week, but there's been a lot of bad press about it and I'd like to find something that gives the same great results and few restriction as far as aftercare. My clients are not willing to not wash, pony, or clip their hair for days after a service.  Please give me suggestions?!?!
HiNeebles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiNeebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 2:37pm
The best I have ever come in contact with is LBD's KeraGreen Keratin Smoothing Treatment. It is formaldehyde-free (actually is) and is free of other aldehydes. Also, it is made with organic ingredients (cant be that). The smell is cherries and bananas, so good!
Neebles
HiNeebles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiNeebles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 2:38pm
The best I have ever come in contact with is LBD's KeraGreen Keratin Smoothing Treatment. It is formaldehyde-free (actually is) and is free of other aldehydes. Also, it is made with organic ingredients (cant beat that). The smell is cherries and bananas, so good!

Unfortunately, you do have to wait a few days to wash your hair. You have to explain to them that without formaldehyde the keratin needs time to bind to the hair.
Neebles
organic_amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 11:06am
I absolutely love the KeraGreen Keratin Smoothing Treatment . The treatment is wonderful; absolutely no fumes.

By using the available after-care products, the treatment lasts for a few months. It leaves my thick, wavy hair smooth, shiny and frizz free!

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 30 2014 at 4:06am
bonitassalon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonitassalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2014 at 11:06am
Is your hair dull dry and damaged?
Is it curly, wavy, frizzy, overly voluminous or unmanageable?

Application of a keratin treatment puts an end to all that.

Keratin treatments are a revolutionary process which softens, shines, straightens and makes the hair healthy. It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage.

The results are smooth, silky and straight hair.It is not a chemical that restructures the hair.It is a replenishing treatment that reconditions and protects the hair from water and heat damage while enhancing it's natural shine.

The hair treatment is excellent on all types of chemically treated hair (bleached, hi-lights, colored, permed, relaxed or previously straightened. It is excellent for getting rid of curly, frizzy, damaged, unhealthy, dull, mistreated hair.

The treatment is made up of "Keratin" a liquid form of hair. There are no harsh chemicals. The treatment DOES NOT use strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it. It only coats the hair.

It does not break the bonds of the hair shaft like straighteners do. Keratin is a natural substance which comprises approximately 88% of your hair.This treatment is not permanent.

It naturally fades out of the hair. The wave or curl will gradually come back in about 2 - 3 months. The hair will stay soft, shiny and healthy looking. The more you do the treatment the better condition the hair becomes.

The treatment also makes the hair very manageable.

It will require less blow drying time and results will be very good with a flat iron.When it comes to keratin, tough is good. Its strong protective qualities improve the hair both inside and out.

Keratin treatments contain a unique bio polymer ingredient which is virtually a liquid form of hair that gently blends with the hair on your head. It brings to hair what it was lacking to begin with and what it has lost over the years.

The smaller keratin molecules penetrate the hair cortex improving and repairing the quality of the hair from the inside.

The added strength, elasticity and moisture result in the smooth, soft, shiny and straightened effect. The larger molecules coat the hair cuticle and take the environmental insults such as UV rays, smog, and smoke for your hair on the outside.

Further damage to the hair shaft is prevented.

Have your used a Keratin treatment on your clients?  Or have you had it used on your own hair?  What do you think of the results?  Are you for or against this type of treatment?

Edited by bonitassalon - May 30 2014 at 4:15am
bonitassalon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonitassalon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2014 at 11:06am
Who benefits from Brazilian Keratin Straightening treatments?

People with frizzy hard to manage hair.  It also works for hair which is dull dry and damaged.  As well as hair which is curly, wavy,, overly voluminous or unmanageable. 

I just love it and can't stop talking about it.  :-)

Edited by bonitassalon - May 30 2014 at 4:16am
*Chani* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Chani* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:53am
Some of my friends swear by the Brazilian treatments they receive.

I personally have a long history of asthma and am very concerned about the hidden danger of formaldehyde.

Yes, yes, many of the companies say that the Brazilians are “formaldehyde-free” but how do you know that for sure? 

Many hair-straightening products that are keratin-based have been found to include formaldehyde or a derivative.  Both are highly carcinogenic ingredients.

Even though hair experts say the levels in these products are low and shouldn’t be hazardous to our health, formaldehyde has been classified as a cancer-causing substance and both hair stylists and clients using products containing formaldehyde are at risk.

I would rather have frizzy hair days than problems with my lungs. 

What do you think?  Are these treatments safe or not?  Is it worth it or not?
gbruenning View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbruenning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 12:27pm
Chani, personally I would my daughter and my wife stay away from the Brazilian treatments. They do not suffer from Asthma but I would not like them to be exposed to the harsh chemicals. 

Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic