Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to boys with long hair need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trisha13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trisha13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to boys with long hair need help
    Posted: June 22 2011 at 8:11pm
My son wanted to grow out his hair "ponytail long" and it is just hair so I have let him. I have trimmed it along the way and it is now even and a coupe inches passed his shoulders. He is 9 and so he is responsible to brush it etc. though I help him with it. I was just looking for any tips on how to treat it because he wants to grow it longer and I believe the length might start becoming an issue, but I have not considered doing anything other than a ponytail since he gets enough girl comments as it is. Do any others here have any experience with this? Thanks
Daisy :) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2011 at 12:39pm
I have had experience with this since my son was about 7. He is 11 now. He progressed a long way since then, but your son may not go down the girly route. I started out doing my son's hair in the way that you did, starting with a low ponytail. When his hair gets longer, a good style is a single braid. It is very practical, looks great, and keeps all the hair together. If not, try a low bun. Both are not too attention attracting. What might help you to deal with the girl comments, is spreading news about famous guys with long hair, or just get your son to know about them. Just look them up. Also, try not to draw attention to his hair, and tell this to your son too. But if it does, do not make a big deal about it when it first happens, the other children only want a reaction. Now, of course, nothing stops anything completely, so you may want to get teachers notified of any problems, as they can deal with it first hand. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Daisy :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic