Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is best hair iron for natural hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NicoleR71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicoleR71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is best hair iron for natural hair?
    Posted: June 24 2011 at 6:02pm
Which one you guys suggest? I have natural hair, and i want to flat iron it, to get straight bouncy shiny hair.

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 24 2011 at 6:36pm
CoCoaVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoCoaVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 7:10pm
Chi Flat Irons are the best.Smile
office2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote office2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2011 at 2:01am

There are many good irons not just Chi.  There are a wide range depending on our budget and how often you want to iron.

Edited by office2010 - July 02 2011 at 7:34pm
CoCoaVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoCoaVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2011 at 10:18am

Let me explain. I've been natural for 4 years. My hair is very long (under my bra strap). I've tried other flat iron (like babyliss, HAI,Magic Ionic, andGHD) but with these brands i need to use a ton of product in my hair to get a sleek look. When i use Farouk's CHI 1 inch Flat iron i only have to wash my hair and use a dime sized amount of Garnier Fruitis leave in conditioner. My hair comes out looking great and because I use the Garnier I don't have to worry about the NYC humidity.Smile

flyguy7486 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyguy7486 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 11:45am
Hi,
I found that a very good hair straitening flat iron is a iron called Herstyler. It has ceramic plates(not plated). This allows u to use it without or minimum products.It also leaves a light shine on the hair and doesn't cause the damage like some other irons do.
I am a fun loving guy, and love talking and learning about different things. also love to meet people
hemlata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hemlata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2011 at 4:55am
ya in this hair style look good
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 12:38pm
Chi and GHD are my two fav brands :)

Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 11:57pm
have tried a number of irons and I cannot stress how please I am with the FHI. It comes in a variety a sizes, has tourmaline plates which protect your hair and most importantly, it gets the job done better than any CHI that I have ever used.
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 2:54pm
I suggest an iron with tourmaline ceramic plates which don't damage the hair like the others.  Those types of plates leaves the hair soft, shiny and very straight.

Edited by askvivi - August 30 2011 at 3:22pm
Aimee0801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee0801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 1:37pm
Go with any iron which heats all the way up to 450 degrees but has temperature control so you can choose your setting so you don't damage your hair.

Some irons will automatically turn off when it gets to 480 degrees which can help the fuse from blowing.  It will help the life of the iron.

There are many on the market which offer these features.

Good luck.

Edited by Aimee0801 - September 02 2011 at 1:49pm
elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 12:37am
I have flat ironed twice in the same month a couple times. Something I never did before. I've noticed my hair is doing so better against the heat now that I deep condition 1x per week &  use 3 types of heat protection each time. I also stopped color with chemical dyes and switched to henna earlier this year. I even make sure to deep condition when i am done wearing it straight to try and make nice with my hair again.

Edited by elevate - September 09 2011 at 12:38am
smith_john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith_john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 9:41am
Hello,
I think good hair oil is good for strong hairs.
mariechin1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariechin1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2014 at 8:45am
L'Oreal flat iron is recommended. I've been using it for years and the result is magnificent.
Monee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 6:52pm
Babyliss Pro I love this one, GHD's are good always watch your temp seetings only apply the heat temp to your hair texture appropriately because you can cause damage with the heat to high and not using good heat protectant product.
arreis5656 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arreis5656 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2015 at 8:46am
Hello, I found that a decent hair straitening level iron is an iron called Hairstyler. It has fired plates (not plated). This permits u to utilize it without or least products. It likewise leaves a light sparkle on the http://www.arreischeveux.com/ - hair extensions and doesn't bring about the harm like some different irons do.
http://www.arreischeveux.com
markrobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2020 at 4:41am
L'Oreal flat iron is the best. I also use it in my https://%3ca%20href= - manipulatehair.com.au/ "> salon and It's great.

Edited by markrobert - July 30 2020 at 4:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic