Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medical school and long hair as a guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
michelle16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical school and long hair as a guy
    Posted: June 27 2011 at 9:33pm
I have had long hair since high school and now I am in the process of applying for medical school and people have been pressuring me to cut my hair in advance of interviews I will have beginning in the fall. I understand their reasoning since appearing more clean cut and conservative is probably a positive and since I have been working long and hard for those opportunities I feel like I should give myself the best opportunity for success. On the other hand I love long hair and normally wouldn't consider cutting it as it is now almost waist length and I spend a lot of time caring for it. I still have a few months to decided what to do but it is causing me a lot of stress. I thought maybe others outside the situation could provide some decent advice. Thanks in advance.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 2:10pm
There is no need to cut off long hair that you want to keep.  Wear it up (in a low bun) or back (in a braid)

Good luck with the interviews! Smile

Edited by DaveDecker - August 28 2011 at 2:10pm
dipedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 2:43pm
Going to medical school is a huge step for anyone who wants to be successful in the health sector. It works out best for those who have planned years ago and yourself for success in medical school.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic