Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The CHI Straightening System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CoCoaVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoCoaVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The CHI Straightening System
    Posted: July 06 2011 at 12:39pm
Hello everyone,
I really want to straighten my hair. A friend of mine uses Chi to straighten her hair and it looks GREAT. But she is Irish/Italian and I am Portuguese/African. So while our textures look and feels similar I'm afraid of my hair breaking off... I need some advice what should I do?????Confused
bluerabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluerabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 7:26am
Hi CoCoaVixen

With your hair texture it is great that you are concerned about your hair and breakage.  A lot of people love the Chi but others swear by the ghd.  Have you used irons before to straighten?  What were your results?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoCoaVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2011 at 8:22am
Hi Bluerabbit
I use Chi brand flat irons and they get my hair really straight but it's something i have to do once a week with daily touch ups around my face. My hair is very long and it takes FOREVER I dread getting up in the A.M. to so it.
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 3:56pm
well if you aren't so sure and you want to buy a high quality flat iron i recommend one that has tourmaline ceramic plates which means the flat iron will not damage the hair like others.  They work with any type of hair.  Mine is curly but tourmaline ceramic plates leave hair soft, very straight, shiny and resilient.

Edited by askvivi - August 30 2011 at 3:26pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoCoaVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 4:23pm
Hi Askvivi,
Thanks i'll try it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoCoaVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2011 at 9:20am
I have recently cut my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. This is my first haircut in years and i must say it was very emotional. I have a pixie cut and instead of straightening it i'll just keep it curly. Thanks for all the advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic