Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Benefits of raw food diet in our daily life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maddyrecipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddyrecipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Benefits of raw food diet in our daily life.
    Posted: July 08 2011 at 12:37pm
Look for internet sites that will give you tasty recipes. The success of your raw food diet recipes are dependant on your personal experience.Surf the Web or read magazines that deal with the topics of raw food diets. Many of these sources offer tips from nutritionists as well as information on which foods are important sources of nutrients.
Many traditional recipes can be adapted into raw food diet recipes. By taking popular recipes and substituting cooked versions of vegetables or fruits with raw ones, you can create new and tasty recipes that will help to sustain your interests.
It is not always possible to prepare your own food and you typically won't find too many restaurants and fast food joints serving foods prepared this way. Use the internet to look for places nearby where you live that will have raw food recipes ready to be served to those on the go.
When you search for raw food diet recipes, make sure not to become confused with vegetarian recipes. The recipes should be composed of uncooked organic ingredients. A true raw diet enthusiast is someone who eats at least 75-80% raw foods.

Check my blog about Healthy Recipes and Diet Recipes
rozerleft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rozerleft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 12:00pm
Many think that it keeps them smart and healthy. The focus of this diet is on eating raw, highly nourishing foods e.g. fruits and vegetables to lose weight quickly and effectively. Of work, these foods are low in calories and might appear lovely.
kettwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kettwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 7:35am
Raw diet is the best choice for overweight people. It helps to reduce unnecessary fat from body. Raw foods are good for cardiovascular and heart diseases patients. 
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 8:17pm
The benefits are many. You get the maximum nutrition from the foods you consume as the vitamins and minerals are not altered or depleated by heat. No contaminants from aluminun pans used in most kitchens. Rapid and healthy weight loss. Great skin, hair and nails. Strong immune system etc.

However, it is not for everybody. It is a real comitment, as you can't partially follow the diet. It has to be 100% raw. In other words, you can't cheat. Or eat raw for breakfast and lunch, and then a cooked meal for dinner. And then there is the taste issue. Can you really commit to such a diet, that is mostly vegan. I know I couln't!!! How much do you like veggies and legumes? Cause you'll be eating alot of those.

Let me Live 5-8 years less. But they will be happy years LOL!!! My grandfather is 103. He is healthy and kicking. Looks better than my dad, and he's still having sex LOL! Alot!!! He doesn't eat raw and he drinks LOL!!! Go figure!!! But if it is for you, go for it.

Edited by Sharyg11 - December 17 2011 at 8:19pm
shauncroun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shauncroun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 9:03am
Following are Benefits of raw food diet in our daily life:
1. Improve digestion system.
2. Reduce your weight.
3. Improve your skin.
4. Increase energy.
5. Reduce risk of heart disease.
jhonny12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhonny12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 4:24am
I think you have really put up valuable info. I like it, hope that it will loved by all who land up here.
Thanks for sharing nice stuff.

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 17 2012 at 1:39pm
<a href="http://nycsalomon.com/NYC_Thermage.html">Thermage</a>     
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 11:08am
I'm not a Raw Food eater so I can't testify to its benefits. To be honest, I would have a hard time eating anything raw. 
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 1:39pm
Hi Stevie...I'm with you.  I know it's good for your but I just can't get into it.  Even raw food juicing.  
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
baobaowudi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baobaowudi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 1:50pm
Common Beliefs of Raw Foodists

Beliefs held by raw foodists include:

• Some raw foodists believe that digestive enzymes in raw foods (such as amylases, proteases , andlipases) aid digestion.
  • Heating food above 104-120 °Fahrenheit (40-49 °Celsius) degrades or destroys these enzymes in food. A few raw foodists such as Dr. Douglas Graham dispute the importance of enzymes in foods.
  • Raw foods include bacteria and other mciro-organisms that affect the immune system and digestion by populating the digestive tract with beneficial gut flora. In addition, many raw-foodists, particularly primal-dieters, are believers in the hygience hypothesis, a concept which focuses on the health benefits of exposure to parasites and bacteria.
  • Raw foods have higher nutrient values than foods which have been cooked.
  • In addition, most raw foodists believe processed food and convenience food often contain excitotoxins (such as flavor enhances) which can cause excitotoxicity. Foods with added chemicals, preservatives, additives, colouring agents/dyes of any kind are frowned upon by most raw-foodists.
  • Raw foodists believe that raw foods are the ideal food for human consumption, and the basis of a raw food lifestyle. Irritants or stimulants like coffee, alcohol, and tobacco are recommended against. Also heated fats and proteins like fried oils and roasted nuts are to be avoided on a raw-food diet, as they are deemed by raw foodists to be carcinogenic.
  • Wild foods followed by organic whole foods are more nutritious than conventionally domesticated foods or industrially produced foods icontain harmful toxins, which can cause chronic disease and other problems, Heating oils and fats can produce trace amounts of trans fats . Cooking foods produces advance glycation end products ("glycotoxins", see also Maillard reaction).
  • Raw foods such as fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidans and raw-foodists believe they can help to stifle signs of aging.  Dr. Joel Fuhrman, author of "Eat To Live", says that uncooked cruciferous vegetables have the most powerful anti-cancer effects of all foods. He also says that most of the phytonutrients function as antioxidants in the body, meaning they neutralize free radicals  rendering them harmless and reducing cancer risk. This property found in alkaline living foods or raw food, that neutralize free radicals, makes green smothies a powerful antioxidant drink.
  • Because raw seeds and nuts are vulnerable to moldiness and rancidity, some raw food advocates believe that raw products made from these ingredients should stay refrigerated to maintain optimum nutritional value and flavor, as well as to minimize oxidation caused by the nut and seed oils becoming rancid.
  • Raw Foodists believe that air-pollution and smoking are extremely harmful to their health. They also believe that recycled tap water is harmful, especially fluoridated or chlorinated tap water.

Edited by baobaowudi - October 17 2012 at 1:50pm
baobaowudi
baobaowudi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baobaowudi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 1:52pm

Several raw food preparation books have been published including:

• Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life by Juliano Brotman and Erika Lenkert (Regan Books, 1999)
  • Raw by Charlie Trotter, Roxanne Klein, Jason Smith, and Tim Turner (Ten Speed Press, 2003)
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food Lori Baird, Ed., and Julie Rodwell, Con. Ed., (Healthy Living Books, 2004)
  • Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis (William Morrow, 2005)
  • RAWvolution: Gourmet Living Cuisine by Matt Amsden (William Morrow, 2006)
  • Transitioning to Living Cuisine by René Oswald (2008)
  • Everyday Raw and Entertaining in the Raw by Matthew Kenney (Gibbs Smith, 2009)
  • Everyday Raw Desserts by Matthew Kenney (Gibbs Smith, 2010)
  • Everyday Raw Express by Matthew Kenney (Gibbs Smith, 2011)
  • Going Going Gone Raw by Chef Be*Live, Douglas van Duyne and Cintia van Duyne (G. Normous, 2012)
baobaowudi
Marisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 3:09am
Its such a nice information about your Raw food thank you so much for sharing...

Edited by Administrator - December 18 2012 at 1:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic