Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long to short hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MelissaRoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelissaRoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long to short hair?
    Posted: July 21 2011 at 11:31am
Hi! With your face feature, I think a short hair suits you well...the bob cut one. However, I still suggest that you consult a certified hair expert before cutting your hair. They know pretty well what suits you that go, as well, with the trend nowadays. I remember that during my college days, I had second thoughts of cutting my long straight hair. But I wanted to have a new look so badly. What I did, I tried the different wigs that a friend of mine collected. There was one wig that I looked great - the layered cut with some highlights. A day after, I had my natural hair cut that way. So, it helps sometimes to try something like fitting wigs to get what kind of look you will have with certain hair styles.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2011 at 5:37am
true blue
I agree with Bob very much it is a drastic change and I am sure anybody would cut it for the heck of it but please be sure this is what you want.
Depending on where you live I also would do it for free providing you donate your hair. If you want you could IM me and see if you are local to where I live. Send me a IM if you wish
Mike
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 7:42pm
I would suggest that you look for someone that has the haircut you want and ask them who cut it.  Most people love the flattery and will readily offer the information.  It's hit or miss with the chain shops; some are very good; fantastic hairstylists have to start their career somewhere.
HAWG
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 2:37pm
     You have stunning hair, 2BLUE. Please seriously investigate hair charities before you send. Personally, I'm skeptical of them. If the decision has been made, keep it longer at first. You can always go higher if you're not satisfied. Unless it is a shock that you're after, of course. But hopefully, you'll like the style you decide upon. Growing out hair is a LONG process when you're focusing on it.   [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by Bob S - July 12 2011 at 2:37pm
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 12:15pm
If you live in the Lexington, KY area, I would offer my services and do it for free. There are many people here that could offer up their services or recommend a place if you say where you are from.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
twoblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twoblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2011 at 10:39am
Thanks for your replies, everyone! I'm still thinking about what exactly I want to try, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to try a style like one of these. (And yes, I will probably donate my hair).

Another question I should probably ask is where to find someone who can give me one of these cuts. I can't spend a ton of money on my hair--would you trust one of the chain store places? I honestly haven't had a "real" haircut in so long, I don't know how much skill it takes to do something like I want!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 9:18pm
Two blue.
 If youcame to me to do your cut I would strongly suggest the first style for you. Maybe with leaving the bangs a tad longer and more of a side part.
This would bring out you facil features, your face is very pretty and this cut is the one I would suggest to do for you.
 Have you thought about donating your hair to LOCKS of LOVE? I would suggest that also.
Mike
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 6:14pm
I like the first one best.
Walker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 11:51am
They all look cute on you but my choice is the first one. Go for it!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 10:02pm
I think the 2nd and the one of Keira Knightly are sure hits; have fun with this and don't worry about what's left on the floor, enjoy how great what's left on your head looks. It'll be awesome!
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 9:11pm
I think the 2nd/3rd one would look great on you. 
Are you donating your hair?  Looks like you would be able to donate quite a bit.
Keep us up to date.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 9:06pm
If you send me your picture with your hair pulled back, I can take those pictures and put them on your head and show you what it would look like. Let me know if you are interested
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
twoblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twoblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 2:04pm
Hello all, new here!

I wanted to get some opinions on cutting my hair short. Right now it's down to the small of my back, and I'd like to try something new. However, I've never had anything shorter or more interesting than shoulder length with bangs (and that was a long time ago), so I'm a little nervous about cutting it all off.
I do really like some of the bob hairstyles like:

http://www.aaa-fashion.com/2009-elegant-bob-hairstyle-for-you/
www.short-hair-style.com/classic-straight-and-face-framing-bob.html
either of these
www.eanext.com/hairstyles/short-modern-inverted-bob-hairstyles-for-summer-2009.html
or this minus the dye
4.bp.blogspot.com/_BkbvYbFtCC4/TFT7GhB3tPI/AAAAAAAAABU/ubTuIhxHhOY/s1600/295645_f520.jpg
or even this
www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Bob/hU70zkx4aX8

unfortunately I have no idea how I would look in any of these.  Any advice? Picture of my face and some of my hair:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic