Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help w/color @ home situation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help w/color @ home situation
    Posted: July 12 2011 at 1:55am
If your roots came out a bright yellow, then I don't think you left the bleach on long enough. You'll need to rebleach till you get to the color of the inside of a banana to get to a light blonde color like the toners you've used.

noviceinneed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviceinneed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 3:41pm
I am trying to get back to the light blonde color I used to be naturally.  I bleached my roots and just in the rinsing out process my hair is now a BRIGHT yellow BANANA (FAKE LOOKING) color.  My efforts of toning have included coloring w/Ion high lift Ash blonde color, Wella "white lady" toner, Wella "Ivory lady" toner and finally Manic Panic "Virgin Snow".  I learned the hard way after obtaining purple hair a month ago to do strand tests instead.  Even after washing the strand w/Roux's porosity control shampoo w/the last two products, my hair goes from the BRIGHT BANANA color to an UGLY purplish-grey-violet tone.   Uuuuugggg.  In the past, although it wasn't this yellow, Shimmering Lights shampoo didn't do anything for me.   I have a packet of Ion's purifying solution that the lady @ Sally's sold me for "removing swimmer's green" but it says that use on non-pigmented hair can cause a discoloration" and lord knows, it seems that my hair picks up on the undertones of anything so far quite easily.  However I am desperate to loes this "hooker looking" yellow bleach blonde look I have NOW...I don't want to be seen by anybody so I'm pretty stuck.  I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has after reading my current plight.  Thanks in advance and PLEASE HURRY!!Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic