Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to get my hair like this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
morton123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get my hair like this
    Posted: July 15 2011 at 6:59pm
Firstly, sorry if this isn't in the right place.

I want to have hair like this: (ignore the idiot in the photos ^^)
http://imageshack.us/f/94/dazz1.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/200/dazz2.jpg/

I have quite thick hair (I think) so it curls a lot and tends to stay in groups. When I straighten it it kinda goes like this but its still really puffed out and makes my head look bigger, Im going to see a male hair dresser next week but im wondering what you guys have to say, he says he doesn't have his hair thinned out and its just natural.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 6:55am
If your hair tends to curl then to your options are to temporarily straighten it with straightening balms or lotions, a blow dryer and a paddle style brush OR you can ask for a light relaxer such as Rusk.  It is a great relaxer and a lot of guys use it on their hair.  I would probably not suggest that you get your hair thinned out because the weight is probably helping keep your hair from forming more curls then if you had it layered or thinned out.

Your hair dresser may have naturally straight and medium thick hair.  So he would be able to achieve the straight look you desire without thinning, layering or any chemicals.

All hair is different though and what works for one may not work for everyone. 

Have you considered getting your hair relaxed before?  It is much less invasion than chemical straightening and it grows out slowly over time.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
bluerabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluerabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 7:21am
I agree that a gentle relaxer run through your hair and maybe not left on for the full time would go a long way to helping you get the straight hair look you want.  I also agree that you probably don't want to get your hair thinned out since it would allow the natural curls to form.
morton123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 7:52pm
Thanks a lot for the replys I'll give it a try!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic