Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cut tomorrow - long to short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Millie1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2011 at 6:46pm
Thanks :) I don't have any more pictures at the moment, but will get some soon. I am away for a week, so may not be able to post until I get back, although I might be able to, but will get more pictures if you want to see more. I really like the back short like it is now - it was quite a lot longer before but now it goes right into the neck and I like that. It is actually quite a lot shorter than it was - think the longest layers now are about 3 inches, whereas it was more like 5 inches when I had it cut before. I had thought I would have it slightly more layered this time, but wasn't really planning to go shorter, but just told the hairdresser I wanted it messier and that I wanted to be able to see again but other than that just to do whatever she thought. I like it, even if I did wake up looking like I had been electrocuted with it all standing on end! I have cut a little bit off the side bits by my ears, as I decided they were a bit long - it didn't look quite right. Everyone gets home from the hairdresser and does that right?!

loveshorthair - has your wife had her hair short before? If she has and didn't think it suited her I guess that is just her preference, but if she hasn't I would definitely recommend giving it a go! I think some women do get very attached to long hair, which I suppose is natural because it is what you are used to, but change can be good, and it does grow back (eventually!). And for some reason there is still a notion that short hair isn't feminine and you will look like a boy - the day before I had mine cut (ie the long to short cut, not this one) I was talking to a couple of people and saying I was going short, and they both said 'noooo, but your hair is lovely, don't cut it short. It might go wrong and look like a boy' etc etc. I was very much a long hair girl before - as a child it was long enough to sit on, and it was at least waist length until my mid teens. I had it shoulder length, or a bit longer or shorter for quite a few years then - the shortest was about collarbone, and longest about the length it was in my before pictures from this post, so basically I had long hair the vast majority of the time, sometimes mid length. The only time it was shorter was when I had a chin length bob a couple of years ago, but I wasn't keen and I didn't keep it that length - I don't know if it wasn't a great cut or just didn't suit me, but I just didn't really like it. So I had absolutely no idea if I would like short hair or if it would look good on me, but I am glad I cut it. It makes a nice change and I have had a lot of compliments on it (and more compliments on my eyes since I had it cut too) and I am certainly in no hurry to grow it out. I also quite like that it is a bit more unusual - obviously plenty of women do have short hair, but a lot of them tend to be older - certainly around here there are far more girls in their teens and twenties with long hair than short hair. I may well grow it at some point, but not any time soon - I am liking playing around with it at the moment, and figure whilst it is short I may as well have various short styles and see what I like best, as it grows back so quickly when it's short. So if anyone has other style suggestions please feel free! Sorry for the ramble, didn't mean to go on so!
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 6:48am
Hot! Hot! Hot!
Rough dry it with a blow dryer and mess it a bit with texture wax for a fun look... smooth it with a Denman brush for a more formal classy finish. LIKE!

Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 10:51pm
Sooooo hot.  Wow - love it
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 9:32am
Wow - absolutely stunning :)
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 9:39am
Very nice... Just a bit fo mousse and a blow dryer... wax for detailing.  Good to go.

Ivan
Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic