Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need a good shampoo/conditioner for frizzy curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a good shampoo/conditioner for frizzy curls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a good shampoo/conditioner for frizzy curls
    Posted: September 29 2011 at 5:57pm
I would try John Frieda's Frizz Ease shampoo and conditioner.  Or, Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner for frizzy hair.  Those are really good.

Edited by Dark40 - September 29 2011 at 5:58pm
Shannon D. Bax
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 3:37pm
Hi Nessa,
Your haircut sounds very cute.  There are so many reasons for hair getting frizzy. 

I don't think you necessarily need a particular shampoo, but I think the key is to find one that says moisturizing or smoothing on the label since curly hair needs lots of moisture.  You can't give curls too much moisture. 

I think you might like to try diluting any shampoo you buy since it will cut down on the frizz. Have you ever tried conditioner only washing?  Or plopping which helps create nice curl clumps after you wash? 

Some of the John Frieda shampoos are good for a diluted shampoo wash.  Sally Hershberger also has some nice shampoo products.  I personally love Phyto shampoo but it is much pricier then the drugstore brands.  Unfortunately my hair is so dry and highlighted that I have to use the super moisturizing formulas.

Also, if you do dilute you can get a lot of washes out of just about any shampoo so if you want to splurge on a better product and you dilute you can stretch a bottle for a long time. 

You might want to check out this article I just wrote for some tips:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001357.htm

I'd appreciate it if any of your reading this thread would share your own tips on how to repair frizzy or crunchy or similar hair.  I always love to hear what you guys are all doing to help with various hair challenges.

Thanks so much for your post and thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions on dealing with frizz.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 08 2011 at 3:41pm
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Nessa624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nessa624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 10:13pm
Hi! I just got my loose curly hair cut and love it. I styled it just like my hairdresser showed me using the same products and it came out perfect except it is slightly frizzier than at the salon. The only thing that is different is the shampoo/conditioner used. She used the Redken curls shampoo and conditioner (green line), and I've been using whatever odd drugstore line. I was wondering if you had any good (budget friendly) suggestions? I would like my hair to feel smoother and the curls more defined and less frizzy. More "clumpy"

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic