Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how long to wait post relaxer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pear11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pear11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how long to wait post relaxer?
    Posted: January 08 2012 at 10:40pm
Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types and hair care, but hair is also an important bio material primarily composed of protein.

Hospitals in Bellandur
cuteandbronzed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuteandbronzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2011 at 1:38am
I would say, about two weeks, and treat your hair with moisturizers and protien treatments during the waiting process.

http://www.cuteandbronzed.com
jackieknowshair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackieknowshair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 6:36pm
Hi Mattb,

I would suggest to wait about 2 weeks before you braid your hair. Even though you used a light relaxer, you don't want to put a lot of tension on your hair too soon. I agree that you should do the moisturizing treatments before you braid your hair. Also, apply moisturizer to the braids. People tend to not do this when they wear braids but it is extrememly important to maintain proper moisture in the hair while it is braided, so your hair can grow properly and not dry out. Since you are trying to grow your hair, I would suggest in the future to continue to deep condition your hair and get regular trims. Dont' be scared to get a trim while you are growing it out because if your ends become split, it will do more damage. If you moisturize you hair properly, you can get a trim every three months or so. It depends on your hair texture. The less you do to your hair the better. Just find the right products that will work  for your hair type and it will grow. Also, to grow hair long takes committment and patience.Smile
mattb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 12:30am
Hey ladies and gents.

I'm a guy (not sure if that makes a difference) and I just got my hair relaxed. It's roughly 3 inches long all around but I needed to relax it enough to tame this beast that takes over an hour to pick out.

So it's been relaxed but not completely straight. I want to know how long should I wait post relaxer to have my hair braided? I had it done on July 25th so it's been a bit more than a week at this point. I used a weaker relaxer than I have in the past. I used Just for Me children relaxer

When my hair was longer in the past a week right after relaxing I would go get it braided but this probably wasn't the best thing for my hair back then.

I still haven't washed it yet but I plan on doing a small concotion of olive oil, tea tree oil and some type of conditioner and letting that sit in it for about 30 minutes or so before a wash and condition.

This is my second time growing out my hair (it was shoulder length at one point) and I want to take care of it better than I did before. And by that before all I did was get some Garnier shampoo and conditioner and called it a day after blow drying it.

Thanks

Edited by mattb - August 04 2011 at 12:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic