Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neem For Healthy Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arikarora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arikarora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neem For Healthy Hair
    Posted: August 05 2011 at 8:10pm
A tree in the mahogany family Meliaceae, Neem or Azadirachta Indica is native to India, Myanmar, Bangladesh, and Pakistan grows in tropical and semi-tropical regions.

Effective in the treatment of skin problems such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, head lice, thrush & athlete's foot, Neem is known for its antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Also known as Margosa, Neem can be used as natural pesticide, insect repellent, and medicinal herb. Neem is also a well known and very effective natural remedy for persistent skin problems. In East Africa it is also known as Mwarobaini (Swahili), which means the tree of the 40; it is said to treat 40 different diseases.

Ayurvedic writings refer to the benefits of neem fruit, neem seeds, neem oil, neem root and neem bark and is extensively used in ayurvedic medicine.

Neem in its various form can stimulate the scalp. It helps prevent dandruff and ease an itching scalp (eg in cases of eczema). Neem or Azadirachta Indica also helps to slow down hair loss. If used regularly, it strengthens thin hair and softens thick hair.

Neem is used for preparing cosmetics like soap, hair products, body hygiene creams, hand creams. In Ayurvedic, Unani and traditional medicine, it is used in the treatment of a wide range including skin diseases, inflammations and fevers.

Neem has been shown also to help immune system stimulation, and is a liver detoxifier. Combined with Bitter Melon, it may be used as an adjunct in the management of Type 2 diabetes.

Edited by arikarora - August 05 2011 at 8:28pm
lerrygeorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lerrygeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 5:13am
I appreciate you shared nice information here. I know that neem is stinky I put some on scalp and could still smell it in my hair 6 months later. Neem is more for acne and dandruff problems. Amla is better for growth and strength etc.  

Edited by lerrygeorge - September 01 2011 at 5:14am
wiliamrich4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiliamrich4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2014 at 11:05pm
Neem is a natural and herbal remedy that helpful in reducing hair fall and dandruff. It helps to grow your hairs and keeps your scalp healthy. It also stimulates blood flow to the skin and nourishes hair roots.
JenniferHebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferHebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 3:50am
Wow, good tips about healthy hair.  Neem Oil is very helpful for hair growth, Neem oil can relieve dry and itchy scalp and prevent dandruff.
black&white View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black&white Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2014 at 8:19am
Neem has a particularly strong smell.   I am sorry, but I personally prefer Pro-Natural's Argan Oil.   I leave it in and it somehow "wraps" my hair and keeps it from getting split ends.   I use it after every wash. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic