Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCultish Militants on the Long Hair Board!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 10:06pm
NO ROD!!! DON'T BE A TRAITOR!!!

No long haired woman can seduce you Rod, you must stay with your people! You must stay with a short haired woman!

Please Rod, go back to the Short Haired Board where you belong, where there are people who care about you, and what you write to us! Don't sell out or be tricked by these devious long hairs!!!

Rod, do dogs and cats breed together! Of course not! Stay with your kind Rod!

See ya on the Short Hair board!
tina
Rod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 10:10pm
Tina, ssshhh!!! Don't blow my cover. I must let them think I can be seduced over to their side in order for me to infiltrate them. Better to bring them down from within.

Right now, I'm dating a long-haired woman. I'm sure the long haired cultists are getting chills down their spines thinking what evil thoughts I could plant in her head.
uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 10:19pm
Welcome to our newbie, Rod .

I'm just having some fun here, Rod. I did not mean to offend you, or Kuroneko whose comment I also included.
I did not post your names as I didn't want any personal finger-pointing to start.

We have some things in common, Rod. I don't agree with "savaging short hair and those who wear it" either.
Some of us here, myself included, have been hounded into having short hair and have made our escape from that oppression.
I do believe I sound militant on this board sometimes because I have such strong feelings about growing long hair.
But I do believe that I and the rest of the (much saner) posters here are open-minded and respectful of the choices of others to do whatever they wish with their hair.

And as for your little challenge....or should I say fantasy...about being seduced by beautiful long-haired women.....I like that. I REALLY like that!!!

Watch out Tina...you've got competition - LOL .

See ya, Rod darling,

Uzi
(Mata Hari of the Growth Guerillas: Temptress squad)
Uzi

uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 10:24pm
Quote ight now, I'm dating a long-haired woman. I'm sure the long haired cultists are getting chills down their spines thinking what evil thoughts I could plant in her head.

Resistance is futile, Rod.

Your lady is one of us...you think you can take her over to the "dark" side....no way lover-man...she's working on you, babe.

See, your already posting here...that's step 1 of the MasterPlan.

Quick, someone...hide the Manifesto!!!!!
Uzi

Rod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2003 at 11:02pm
Uzma, I wasn't offended. It was a little disconcerting though, especially since you presented my words out of context and didn't make me aware.

You definitely don't offend me though. You responded to my post with a couple of amusing posts that made me laugh. You aren't taking any of this too seriously. You also recognize that you can be perceived as a being militant and cultish. Lastly, I believe I read in one of your posts that you were forced to have short hair by your ex-husband. Correct me if I'm wrong.

After going through that, you should be militant about your hair. You should grow it if you choose to do so. If having short hair brings up painful memories, keep it long. But don't keep it long just to spite him. Do whatever you do for you.

As for the woman I'm dating, we've only gone out a few times. No seducing yet, but I'm open to it when the time's right. We've never talked about hair. I think about hair a lot, but it hasn't come up. Don't know her feelings on hair, hers is a little past her shoulders, whether she's had it shorter or longer, or what her thoughts are for the future. If the situation is right, I will try to tempt her to the dark side. Just tempt, not demand, force, or anything else. We're not there yet and may never get that far.

I love long hair. Just love short hair more. Have since I was 12. It would take quite a girlfriend to stop me from fantasizing about her in short hair.
uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 3:36am
Hi Rod

You haven't spoken to your girlfriend about your hair-thing. Wow. Having read your postings on the other board which show your enthusiasm for "s" hair (sorry, I find myself unable to say the word today), that must take "some" self-control.
I guess it's all about timing and preparation.
*makes mental note not to under-estimate the enemy*

My ex was my ex-boyfriend of 9 years, not husband (I don't agree with the concept of marriage, for myself). What a sicko and stupid me for putting up with that crap. Now I am searching for a long-hair lover-man who will accept my militant self with glee and take pleasure in my ever longer hair .
And when I find him, I'm going to break his legs so that he can't run away.
*makes mental note to never let the enemy under-estimate the Growth Guerillas*)

I do apologise for taking your and Kuroneko's words out of context. I considered that a necessary device to keep the original post tight and punchy.
And I intended to send you both a formal invitation to this board to view our responses, once I had a substantial amount.
After all, we long haired folks may be lazy initially, but our old-fashioned manners win out in the end....

It's been a pleasure to recieve...what is it...your 3rd posting on our Heavenly Hair board, which is full of bright and beautiful long-haired gals just waiting you wrap you in their tresses and take all the darkness away from your mind .

And you'll be in excellent company as the males in our little troupe are so remarkablly intelligent - the physical inertia causes a dramatic increase in mental activity, you know.

So come on over any time you feel like, Rod dear.
If you ever care to explore the Light side...I'll be waiting.
Uzi

Tódia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 5:07am
it was so much fun reading your postings!!! thank you!
Annette
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 11:49am
Uzma wrote on the SHB :
"And the guys here are very forthcoming with their appreciation of short hair on women....sigh...I wish we had more of that on the Long Hair board..... "

Hmmmm, seems we need to do better. Uzma, you have beautiful hair, ok?

Chris
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 12:22pm
But we haven't seen Uzi's hair! Though I'm sure it's beautiful. Post a picture already! (No pressure.)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Jennifer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 2:40pm
>>>The post was made in response to a post by Jennifer savaging short hair and those that wear it

Yes, it’s my fault! All my fault! I’ve been plotting and planning my vicious attack for months and years and decades. 9/11 and the Moscow suicide bombers today were also my fault! {wink}

Dave, I have a great reply for you (or anyone) for when someone says your hair is “out of date”:

I don’t follow trends. I’m an individual and make my own style!

I do have to say that I find a lot more criticism of long hair instead of short hair in society – especially on women after the decrepit age of 30 or 35. I do think if you really look around, the vast majority of women past those ages do cut off their hair. I don’t know if it’s because of pressure or personal preference. If you look at websites, books, and magazines that tell how to look “professional” for the job market, the vast majority of them say that a shorter haircut will give you more of a business look. And for men? I can’t imagine the pressure men are under to keep their hair short.

Dave, I’ve actually had a change of thought about long hair on men. Generally, I never really cared for the look because, unfortunately, most men I’d seen didn’t take very good care of it, and it was usually gnarly and looked unwashed. However, for some reason, I’ve seen several guys recently with hair to mid back or even longer, and I found it quite attractive in a very masculine sense! I personally think that hair is very sensual, and the more there is....! I love the variety of being able to secure my hair totally up yet letting it flow down and kiss my shoulders and back. The ponytails, barrettes, braids, updos – the styling varieties are nearly endless.

As for men preferring brunettes over blondes (from the article), my theory is that a lot of blondes are very “fake” looking. What I mean is that it’s extremely obvious that the color is not real. I don’t know why a lot of women find platinum “white” attractive.

Oh, but I do agree about women hiding behind long hair. When you comb your hair from the crown down the front, the hair completely masks the entire face. I always wear my hair like that, especially when I drive. I usually have a passenger in the front seat who tells me if anything is in my way......!
uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 5:48pm
Hello Chris.......fellow Brit.

You are a real gentleman, but whereas you haven't seen me, I have seen you, ....and I was breathless...speechless at the....*all superlatives fail* sight of your hair.
Utterly magnificent doesn't touch it.

Maybe my hair will warrant your complimentary words one day...right now it is far from bearing the titles of "long" or "beautiful".

No one here has seen my hair yet , although I am sending two of my good friends here pics of my hair/face/body/garden/most loved parts of London by snail-mail next week.
Maybe you two can help me decide which shots are worthy to post here.
Thanks.

Love to you all,

Uzi
Uzi

uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 6:09pm
BTW, my comment on the Short Hair board wasn't me hunting for personal compliments. I don't like vanity.

What I meant to convey was that a lot of the posts on the SHB are by guys who are very vocal in their adoration of women (generally) with short cuts.

Now, most of the adoration on the Heavenly Long Hair board , I note, comes from women drooling over long haired guys.
Check out our devotion to our Head-Man Dave, the drool-fest over Hugh Jackman that Jacqui initiated and the panting over long-haired rockers started off by princessmonica.

You know what. Enough. I shouldn't complain.

I love letting guys know how handsome they are, and positively re-inforcing their choice to grow long hair. They need it and deserve it seeing as how society generally is so unaccepting of their choice.

Forget what I said on the SHB. I take it back.
I would rather compliment than be complimented.

Hope y'all are having a great week-end.

XOXO

Edit: my spelling sucks these days.
Uzi

tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 6:31pm
Thanks for your B-mail Uzma. I sent you a B-mail back last night, I hope it went through and you got it.
Well I do like long hair on men and women so from time to time this little short haired woman will wander over from the Short Hair board to give you folks a compliment or two!
tina
hairalways View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 8:07am
Rod, Just as you say you have seen women and men wear their hair long out of laziness, I have seen people who wear their hair short for this same reason.

I can understand your responding defensively to another posters offensive comments, but I don't understand your decision to make sweeping assumptions about the people of this board.

Uzma and Kintaro - Love what you wrote! That was beautiful about shoving a persons foot in their mouths, can I use that? Lets come up with a T-Shirt for this passionate cult! Something with lots of hair and firearms!LOL kidding - I am wierd today.

Jacqui, Loyal Soldier to the Militant Band of
Grow- Long Guerrilas
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 1:52pm
Hi Rod...

Originally posted by Rod Rod wrote:

The post was made in response to a post by Jennifer savaging short hair and those that wear it. Not only was the post negative and combative, but it had no place on a short hair board.

Agreed, but do keep in mind that one person does not necessarily represent the views of many.

From reading some of your comments, you do sound like an awful lot like a militant cult convinced the world wants you to cut your hair and that you're holding out by banding together in your small corner of the world. Nothing wrong with feeling that way, but you should know how you come off.

Seems to me all of the responses here were written in jest, with the partial exception of mine. I do feel picked on -- a lot. How would you feel if people constantly dissented about your hairstyle? I would imagine that after awhile, you'd start feeling embattled.

I have numerous friends who have long hair. I've probably discussed hair with many of them. No one has ever told me about outside pressure to cut their hair. A few who've talked about cutting their hair short, or actually done it, [Shudder. Should I have mentioned that here?] have never talked about being pressured.

And I've known many. Perhaps your sample is not representative of the population at large. "My" sample may not completely representational, but it is quite varied.

My post was in response to Jennifer's remarks that it was easy to chop off hair, but that long hair "requires far more patience and dedication" than short hair. You guys on this board are devoted to your hair. You probably give it patience and dedication. Surely, you can't believe that all people with long hair do the same? That there aren't people out there who have long hair out of laziness, inertia, a lack of imagination, or because they feel they'll be more attractive to the opposite sex?

There's nothing wrong with making efforts to appear more attractive to the opposite gender!

Okay, I imagine there are some who have long hair who did not intentionally let it grow long. But there are definitely many who are intentionally trying to grow their hair long.

... I'm entitled to my opinion about whether I think they should keep it long. I don't have to express it to them and they don't have to listen to me if I do, but I'm entitled to it... Whether I've had long hair or not, that doesn't mean I can't have that opinion.

Of course, Rod. This goes without saying.

And yeah, I should have included poor. There are a lot of people in their early 20's that don't get their hair cut for lack of money.

I agree with you that long hair can be less expensive to maintain than short hair. Slightly more shampoo and conditioner used, less spent on haircuts... this isn't a bad thing either, and even though I can afford to spend more on haircare, I choose not to.

And come on? Everyone isn't jealous of your long hair. But I do envy your sports car, house, spouse, and job.

Some people are jealous of other's long hair. I've heard this lament frequently. I admit I have never heard someone say that they are jealous of another's short hair. Maybe because that short haircut can be had now, so there's no wait time required between the "wanting" and the "getting" of the desired hairlength... as opposed to getting long hair, when one's hair is short, which can take years.

I now know I'm long hair board enemy #1 and my words have brought you all together just as any great conspiracy leader's words will unite the band of rebels. Keep fighting the good fight. Stop those evil scissor holders!!!

Thank you for your contributions.

And I welcome all beautiful long haired women to seduce me into seeing the error of my ways.

Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 2:18pm

Uzma, ... You aren't taking any of this too seriously. You also recognize that you can be perceived as a being militant and cultish.

But if she isn't taking any of it seriously, wouldn't that discount the "militant" and "cultish" nature of what she wrote?

I see that Uzma is very dedicated to growing her hair long. It's a firm commitment to ignore the nay-sayers she's endured, not as some "go out and tell short-haired people they should grow their hair long" notion.

"Militant"... as in, "of the military"... and it's forced haircuts... hmm.. seems to be sort of a contradiction when used to describe growing long hair.

Lastly, I believe I read in one of your posts that you were forced to have short hair by your ex-husband. Correct me if I'm wrong.

After going through that, you should be militant about your hair. You should grow it if you choose to do so. If having short hair brings up painful memories, keep it long. But don't keep it long just to spite him. Do whatever you do for you.

It's a lot easier for someone to force a haircut on another (over whom they exert control) than it is to force someone to grow long hair.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Jennifer Jennifer wrote:

Dave, I have a great reply for you (or anyone) for when someone says your hair is “out of date”:
I don’t follow trends. I’m an individual and make my own style!

Jennifer, you've paraphrased what I actually told the woman who said that to me two weeks ago. I've got lots of come-backs in store. Unfortunately, I've needed to recite them far too often.

As for men preferring brunettes over blondes (from the article), my theory is that a lot of blondes are very “fake” looking. What I mean is that it’s extremely obvious that the color is not real. I don’t know why a lot of women find platinum “white” attractive.

I also am not a fan of very "bleached"-fake white hair. Salons make lots of money these days adding color, but I get the streaked look without even trying, by spending too much time in the sun (try as I may to keep the hair under wraps of flannel... erm, no flannel).

Oh, but I do agree about women hiding behind long hair. When you comb your hair from the crown down the front, the hair completely masks the entire face. I always wear my hair like that, especially when I drive. I usually have a passenger in the front seat who tells me if anything is in my way......!

Cute
Rod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 4:24pm
<>

Dave, neither you nor I have talked to enough people for it be a statistically significant sample. We haven't spoken to people selected randomly by age, race, gender, and geography. We don't have a control group. I can say that women with long hair aren't picked on for having long hair. Some, not all, men may be, but there remain stigmas of men having long hair. I don't think there should be, but there are.

<>

I'll quote one your own, Hairalways about this

< posted on 3-Jul-2003 6:54:40 AM
Uzma - I have yet to find a "long hair" afficionado in person here where I live...I mean, I have friends who wear their hair long...a few inches past shoulder if that is considered long. But I think it is just the style they happen to be wearing now. They all blowdry and color it and don't really seem to have the same reverence we have for it.>>

Most people with long hair wear it that way because they think it's attractive, their significant other does, or any number of the other reasons I site. The people on this board are a small minority dedicated to your long hair. That's where I got "cult" from. In the dictionary "cult" is defined as 'a group bound together by devotion of the same thing, person, or ideal.

<>

From reading some of the posts in this thread, it doesn't. My opinion was discounted.

<<3katz wrote: "The poor misguided soul who wrote that has not had long hair">>

Sounds like she thinks I'm only entitled to my opinion if I've had long hair. Using that theory, we can't comment on George Bush until we've been President.

<>

Then you probably only pay attention to long hair. Lots of long-haired women are jealous of short hair. Some because they don't have the guts to cut it. Some because their hair would never look like that short. Jealousy results from a great haircut regardless of length, although everyone who comments negatively isn't jealous. Being in a creative field where people are constantly giving my work thumbs or down, I know those that knock it aren't jealous. They genuinely believe my work stinks.

<>>

Then I'll keep wishing.

<<"Militant"... as in, "of the military"... and it's forced haircuts... hmm.. seems to be sort of a contradiction when used to describe growing long hair. >>

"Militant" as in "vigorously, active, aggressive or combative." The people on the long haired board can get quite vigorously combative about their long hair. You people do have a cultish militancy. Maybe you'll see where I'm coming from now that I've given the dictionary definitions.

<>

It's rare in the U.S. for a woman forced to cut her hair. It's well known that men prefer long hair. I've seen a number of times where boyfriends/husbands have suggested to girlfriends/wives that they grow their hair long. I've seen fights about haircuts. One friend of mine insists all his girlfriends grow their hair. He's not really controlling about it, just telling them what he likes. I've read accounts elsewhere in the Hair Talk website about husbands/boyfriends getting pissed or threatening stylists over haircuts.

You guys are devoted to your hair. To me, and perhaps to others, you come across with a 'cultish militancy.' Have fun with my perceptions, but don't dispute that's the image that I've gotten.
uzma View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:54pm
Hi Guys

I’m gonna ramble some.

Rod clarified:
In the dictionary "cult" is defined as 'a group bound together by devotion of the same thing, person, or ideal.

My earliest memory of long hair was a documentary about the Vietnam war.
There were all these soldiers standing to attention with their guns poised vertically.
Then there was this flow of long-haired people who came up to the soldiers and put a flower into the mouth of each of those guns.
That’s the kind of “cult” I’d like to belong to. One that knows the value of love over destruction.
A body of people – a minority even – can send a powerful message to the world that reminds them of their choices and the outcomes of those choices.

People have the choice to wear their hair as they wish. And if they choose long hair, which in my experience is not positively viewed by many social groups at present, then they have my full support, whether “long” consists of waist-length or terminal length.

“Cult” implies (IMO) an unhealthy, un-balanced focus on the object of devotion. Heck, we all have lives here……no hair-fixated nutters present except moi….

Rod made a presumption:
Lots of long-haired women are jealous of short hair.

Yeah, I bet that these many long-haired women are more and more miserable with every inch of hair they grow. But somehow they persevere, huh? Despite the fashion media, hair salons, the corporate-shorthair cult, the feminist-shorthair cult, Locks of Death and the existence of scissors….they cultivate their jealousy of short haired women like someone tending a child (sarcastic intonation intended).
I think I preferred your inertia theory, Rod.

Rod boldly stated:
Jealousy results from a great haircut regardless of length.

Or not.
Jealousy results from wanting something that someone else has got and you don’t have, or can’t attain.
Anyone with hair can have a short style. And can also get a style that “suits their face shape” (and other baloney I don’t believe in).
I am both proud and "jealous" of my long-hair role models.
Not jealous in a malicious way, but in a learning way. I wish to acquire their patience and reap the reward of long healthy hair. So my “jealousy” lessens with my personal growth (both psychologically and hairily) and is beautifully supported by said role models.

Also “haircut regardless of length” …….
You should know that a handful of us here are into un-cut hair. Like, never cut even if it splits, terminal-lengthers.
I speculate that you might call us the “inner circle” of the cult – LOL.

Rod observed:
The people on the long haired board can get quite vigorously combative about their long hair.

That’s only when we are challenged by those who seek to divest us of it or influence us to do so. It is defence, not attack.

But Rod also wrote:
I can say that women with long hair aren't picked on for having long hair.

No, you can’t sweety.
The long haired ladies speak for themselves here and on other places on the www. We're not so "old-fashioned as to be "seen and not heard" .

And then Rod conceded:
…but there remain stigmas of men having long hair.

So, the picture that paints for me is that we long-haired gals are “vigorously combative” without any justification, and our long-haired guys are victims of social stigma who are perhaps justified in their militancy. Only problem with that is

Dave (who has knee-length hair) wrote:
Let it be known that I do not support or sympathize with any terrorist organizations.

Ha ha. Nothing aggressive there, though Dave can hold his own when challenged.

Kintaro will assist your leg’s descent into your gut, but only if your foot is in your mouth.
He’s helpful like that.

Nice of you to visit, Rod......you kinda like it here, huh?

Best wishes,
Uzi

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 6:03pm

Dave, neither you nor I have talked to enough people for it be a statistically significant sample. We haven't spoken to people selected randomly by age, race, gender, and geography. We don't have a control group.

Rod, you mentioned the similarity in attitudes of a group of girls who are friends. The "sample" I referred to includes women of all ages (teens to 60-something) and the results have been informally collected over the course of 30 years. I know a thing or two or five about random sampling and statistics... and from what I know of yours, it seems as though "my" sample is more representative of the populace than yours. That said, I realize it remains unproven, but it shows the extent of my conviction in my conclusion.

I can say that women with long hair aren't picked on for having long hair.

Some, not all, women are "picked on" for having long hair... pressured to cut, from time to time. I know today many women for whom this applies.

Some, not all, men may be, but there remain stigmas of men having long hair. I don't think there should be, but there are.

On this we agree.

<>
I'll quote one your own, Hairalways about this...

Rod, I'm not saying that most of women who have or are growing their hair long are intentionally doing so, just that there are many of them.

Most people with long hair wear it that way because they think it's attractive, their significant other does, or any number of the other reasons I site.

Agreed.

The people on this board are a small minority dedicated to your long hair. That's where I got "cult" from. In the dictionary "cult" is defined as 'a group bound together by devotion of the same thing, person, or ideal.

By the same description, those at the SH board are also "cultish." The description rubs both ways, Rod.

<>

From reading some of the posts in this thread, it doesn't. My opinion was discounted.

It should go without saying. Everybody will have their own opinon, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. It's a truth. This isn't China or Cuba.

<<3katz wrote: "The poor misguided soul who wrote that has not had long hair">>

Sounds like she thinks I'm only entitled to my opinion if I've had long hair. Using that theory, we can't comment on George Bush until we've been President.

You took 3katz's quote out of context by omitting the last part of it: "... or else had some terrible experience with it." And she is just as entitled to her opinion as you are to yours.

Nobody except for GWB can comment on what it's like to be president. We can only comment on how we think he is doing as president, or what we think he thinks of it, etc. (your analogy is weak).

<>

Then you probably only pay attention to long hair. Lots of long-haired women are jealous of short hair. Some because they don't have the guts to cut it.

Really? I didn't know that. You know, that's the problem with some of those long-haired women, they just don't have enough CONFIDENCE in themselves to cut their hair short! That is why I love short-haired women -- because they have that confidence!

Yes, I am mocking you. Such a statement as that above is exactly of the same ilk which I see written in various short hair fora. It criticizes women for a perceived but non-existent "flaw" (the "flaw" being women's unwillingness to comply with such poster's preference for short-hair on women).

Some because their hair would never look like that short.

Short hair can be forced to conform to certain shapes. Hairstylists have extensive experience in this ability.

Jealousy results from a great haircut regardless of length,

In such a scenario, I don't understand the source of the jealousy. Why can't they just book an appointment with the same stylist and have it done? It seems terribly easy to do.

although everyone who comments negatively isn't jealous.

Yes, some people are just mean. And others honestly intend to be "helpful," but I never perceive it that way. I've been on the receiving end of a lot of criticism, and I know of what I speak.

Being in a creative field where people are constantly giving my work thumbs or down, I know those that knock it aren't jealous. They genuinely believe my work stinks.

That's different. The feedback is directly related to your being on the job. It's expected. But in social situations, especially when dealing with strangers, it is rude to tell someone you don't know that you don't like their hair.

"Militant" as in "vigorously, active, aggressive or combative." The people on the long haired board can get quite vigorously combative about their long hair. You people do have a cultish militancy. Maybe you'll see where I'm coming from now that I've given the dictionary definitions.

Perhaps I am militant. Maybe it has something to do with constantly being told my hair is too long, or that it is out of style, or that I should cut it and sell it, or donate it. Honestly, how would you expect me to feel? Happy as a pig in mud because people tell me they hate my hair and think I should make it go away?

"Oh, I'm so happy because someone told me that I should cut my hair off and give it away."

"It really warms me inside when people tell me that my hair is out of style."

No, I don't think so. Uzi has also mentioned the pressure she's received from people she knows about growing her hair long. We are not the only two who find ourselves in this situation. I personally know many others in the same boat. Militant? Perhaps, but I feel my attitude is warranted.

You guys are devoted to your hair. To me, and perhaps to others, you come across with a 'cultish militancy.' Have fun with my perceptions, but don't dispute that's the image that I've gotten.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. Although I do not feel that the participants of either this board or the SH board are "cultish," do know that according to the definition of "cultish" that you have so kindly provided, the SH board participants would by necessity be described in the same terms.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic