Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
krackers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Here!
    Posted: August 12 2011 at 1:11am
Hi all.....looking for some hair help/advice I guess. I have a bad habit of allowing my bipolar driven emotions to effect my hair care. As a result my hair has been permed/bleached to death. I've been growing and cutting it for two years now and theres still a good 3-4 inches that needs to come off before all the damage is gone....but it's so short now I'm trying to wait a bit to do it. In the meantime doing weekly reconstructor treatments (Ion), weekly deep conditioning mask, limiting hot things and using argan oil on the ends. Still breaks off all over if I brush too hard. Also talking Biotin 3000 mcg and 800mg folic acid plus a multi every day which seems to be starting to help a little in the growth department. Thought about getting extensions but I'm afraid of causing any more damage. Any other suggestions are welcome!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 6:53am
Hi Krackers,

Thanks for sharing your hair experiences. 

I hear you about trying to grow out damage.  Many many years ago when I wanted to grow my hair but it wouldn't budge I was using drugstore color on it and ironing it, etc., and it was a mess. 

My hairstylist at the time told me I would never get healthy growth and hair if i didn't have all the damage cut off.  I didn't want to do it, but he convinced me.  He cut my hair from bra strap length to chin length.  I cried for days. 

But in the end he was right and my hair grew back super healthy.  Of course I stopped using box color and hot tools and started taking vitamins like you are doing.

I guess you have to ask yourself if you want to continue to wait to reboot your hair or just bite the bullet and get the last 3-4 inches removed. 

Consider the fact that deep conditioning masks and oil treatments on the ends are not going to be able to repair the damage....just keep the ends looking a lot better than if you hadn't applied conditioner.

There are a lot of vitamins and minerals that will help hair grow to maximum growth speeds (its based on your genetics) but it does make a difference if you have damaged ends or not.   Taking kelp or eating seaweed with help a lot.  It is one of my secret hair growing foods which really work.

If you want extensions, you may want to go with clip-ins.  They are less damaging then fusion or weaves because those are attached at the roots and are semi-perm but clip-ins come off every night. With root attachment then you will have issues both on the ends and at the roots. 

If your hair is brushing off, the reason is because the hair is dehydrated and damaged and does not have proper moisture to keep it well conditioned.

Hope that helps.  Let us all know what you decide to do. 

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
rakhidin158 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rakhidin158 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:22am
I agree.  Sometimes its just easier to cut the damage off and start over.  Good luck.
JhonPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JhonPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 1:09am
Else still if you keep suffering from hair loss, the option for transplanting your hair always exists....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic