Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nearly Natural Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nearly Natural Products
    Posted: August 31 2011 at 3:03am

I am currently wearing SHE human hair blend wefts applied with Supertape. The hair was $20 for 18" and it had good reviews on Ebonyline. Ive had it in a week and its amazing. I shampoo every other day. I have been in a swimming pool and hot tub and this hair is holding up amazingly well. The only complaint I have is that it sheds, but then so has every other hair Ive ever tried, and I have not had any luck curling it. I havnt tried hot rollers yet, Im going to try that next but then I like it straight anyway so it not curling is no big deal to me. I had $90 hair from Sally's in 2 weeks ago and this hair has out done that by a mile.

I think it has everything to do with the products Im using. In the past I have always just used the same products I would normally use on my hair and I think that is where my extensions failed. Im older and wiser now (hopefully lol) and am willing to spend extra money on good products to keep my extensions in good condition and lasting longer.

I am currently using Nearly Natural Products from Hair Direct.

This is a soy based shampoo and conditioner. I have naturally oily hair and since using this I can go every other day washing my hair. It does not get oily in between washing's. It's pricey. Around $17 dollars for 8oz bottles but its working so to me its worth it. Even with 18" hair, I still only use about a quarters worth of shampoo to wash it. And a little goes a long way. They do have a silk based shampoo and conditioner and I may try those next, Im not sure. Why mess with it if it works right?

This product is amazing. You spray it on BEFORE you put in your conditioner and then rinse everything out. I pay particular attention to the underside/back section as that is usually where the most tangling/matting occurs. Then I apply the conditioner on top of the Softening Solution. Then I finish the rest of my shower, letting everything sit for as long as possible. Then rinse it all out. It is NOT a leave in conditioner, you have to wash it out. Ive had hardly any tangling or matting and I dont have to brush my hair 20 times a day like Ive had to in the past.

This product is my FAVORITE. I carry it in my purse and only need to use it 2-3 times a day. I spray it on my loop brush and then brush it through my hair. If it needs it I spray a little extra on the ends. It makes the hair silky soft without being oily, sticky and there is no build up. I spray it on and then braid my hair before I got to bed and the hair brushes out beautifully in the morning.

ALL of the above products have had no adverse effects on the tape Im using. I have tried numerous tapes, glues, shrink tubes and micro rings in the past and I am a convert to Supertape. I dont think I will use anything else, ever.

Ive put in my wefts with SuperTape. 1"x3 yards and one roll was plenty to do my whole head. I got the 1 inch so I could fold it over and "sandwich" the weft in between the tape. With the products I'm using I haven't had any breakdown in the tape whatsoever. No gummyness, and no slippage. There was a kind of funky adhesive smell that lasted a few hours after I put them in. But it went away and it has been fine ever since.

Ok now for the remover....you are all going to think Im crazy, unless someone else on here has already discovered this.

Yep thats right! Goo Gone. I could not find a picture of the one that I actually use. They now have a biodegradable one that comes in a spray bottle and is a neon green color and has a kind of industrial citrus scent. Its also thick and oily. I paid $5 at WalMart. I spray it on the weft, rub it a little with my fingers and the wefts just slide right out. I use a fine tooth comb to get out any left over tape and then I wash my hair, shampooing at least 2-3 times.

I generally wait 24 hours and wash my hair again before I reapply my extensions. And I never use any conditioner or products in my hair when Im going to put the wefts back in.

There are some great How To Videos on the Hair Direct website. Before reapplying the wefts, Im going to try some of the things Ive seen there. One is on using bleach and ammonia to get tangles out of your hair and one using a baking soda bath. I have tried the bleach and ammonia process on a synthetic wig I used to wear and it worked amazingly well. After I take out this hair, Im going to try the baking soda soak and see how that works.

So there you have my product reviews. It has only been a week so far using everything listed above. I will update as it goes along. Im hoping to get 3-4 weeks out of this tape and Im hoping to use this hair again. If not I bought 2 packages so I can just put new hair in next time. Heck, at that price, why not?

Oh on a side note, this hair seems to be a little darker than most. I ordered a #4, dark brown and its almost black. In fact, before I put my extensions in I had to recolor my hair and I used a brownish black and it matches perfect.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic