Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Want Straight Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mr. Marcos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Marcos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Want Straight Hair
    Posted: September 17 2011 at 4:01am
Alright I'm a male with longer, dark brown, wavy/curly hair and, as stated above, I want straight hair.

I had my hair japanese straightened at a salon about two years ago, and it lasted a while but KILLED my hair.

I've also had it relaxed a few times, and using a flat iron just isn't for me.

I like keeping my hair longer, but hate the curls that come out from it, and espcially with the current hair style i'm trying to go for it just doesn't look right.

So what I'm asking for is if anyone has any tips for me

As I raise my head towards the Heavens to take one last look at the moon, stars begin to fall.
secretchick154 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secretchick154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 12:36pm
Why not try a Brazilian Keratin Treatment?
It has less chemicals than the other options.
It's simple enough to do at home, and avoid the $300 treatment at the salon.
The keratin will make your hair straighter and stay straighter longer.
Plus, unlike relaxers, it reverts back to your natural hair type slowly, so no pesky "natural" roots (as I'm sure you may have encountered with your relaxers).
I have dark brown, curly/wavy hair too, and while this didn't eliminate the need for flat irons altogether for me, it made my hair MUCH straighter - even my curls are looser, makes me sometimes want to sport them instead of the flat hair :)
Hope this helps!
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 8:20pm
try this straightening shampoo and it will help you: http://www.thebeautyplace.com/tigi-bed-head/300227.html

Edited by karengriffin - November 29 2011 at 8:42pm
richa121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richa121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 1:18am
Try best hair iron straightener of some good brands like Cortex, Amika, Bellezza.
CynthiaMoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CynthiaMoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2014 at 5:21am
First go and consult with a hair stylist. According to your hair texture and growth, he can straight your hair. For this you have to follow some tips provided by him for some weeks or months.
bebeautyashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeautyashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2015 at 10:41pm
I still think the best way to straighten your hair is with a high quality flat iron. Maybe the one you had didn't have pure ceramic/tourmaline plates? With pure plates, it heats up evenly, takes less time and effort and seals your cuticles (making your hair look much healthier). All those keratin and relaxing treatments have seriously harsh chemicals that damage your hair. Always remember to use a heat protective spray before ironing and apply some argan oil after your done to give it shine and tame fly aways. I am in love with ISA Professional's flat irons, they work extremely well, check them out here: http://www.isa-professional.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic