Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my wifes buzzcut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my wifes buzzcut
    Posted: October 19 2004 at 6:42am
I met my wife over three years ago,and at that time she had permed hair to the middle of her back. Over the course of the last two years it has steadily gotten shorter, yet her last trip to the salon gave her what she calls a "military buzz." The sides and back are shaved off to the scalp,and the top is about a half of an inch long. Actually she looks quite good in this style,we both agree. The problem she is running into is with her co-workers,especially the men, most of the women like it,although there are several females who are almost repulsed by her hairstyle. Has anybody else out there ever encountered this kind of persecution?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 1:09pm
I've heard many stories about "hair persecution". I've even gotten some from my own family members because they thought mine was too long (it was only to the middle of my back then too). Frankly, it's no one's business how she has her hair but hers, and if people have a problem with it, it's them with the problem, not her.

It goes to show you who at work is a compassionate /mature person - and who would rather selfishly try to control you by telling you what they think of your hair when you didn't even ask them!

The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 3:20pm
It really depends on where she works. I know that many professional companies, do not like to see their accountants in buzzbuts, but to each their own, I'd say. =)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 11:19pm
This "repulsion"... I think it happens with everything that is not mainstream in certain settings. Unusual dress, different colored hair, tattoos, ...
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 3:41pm
I'm surprised it's mostly women with the unkind cuts. While I never prefer ultra-short hair on women, I'm respectful when a woman gets a radical chop. In discussions behind a woman's back, many men are positively brutal. Bob
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 9:47pm
I love short hair on women, including buzzcuts.

But I have to admit I'm not thrilled with "men's style" military buzzcuts on women, cuts that are shaved on the side with a flatop on top like a military man.
A standard short crop or buzzcut "Sinead O'Conner style" would look better and bring out her feminine features more.

So it's not the length of her hair that is causing the controversy, it's the style.
kengibson2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kengibson2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2004 at 7:45pm
On young women, I think GI Jane haircuts look very good. Not that I prefer them to longhair. Hey its her hair, she should be able to do whatever she wants, without facing persecution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic