Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unnatural hair color help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babymoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babymoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unnatural hair color help!
    Posted: November 21 2011 at 9:37am
I've been asking a lot of people for help and I've always run into a dead end. I previously bleached my hair about 3 weeks ago and I am currently at a medium blonde.
I want to achieve this hair color.

I had originally bought manic panic cotton candy pink hair dye. Thinking I would have to use that to get this color. I did some research and noticed a lot of the results aren't even close to this! Curious I asked a friend what color he thought it was and he told me it looks like a pink mixed with a bit of magenta. I'm too afraid to try this and not come out with my desired result.

My questions are:
1. Is there a hair dye I can use that is simular to this color without required mixing?
2. If I decide to try the mixing is it possible for me to try it on a blonde hair extention close to my current hair color? Will the results be the same?
3. What colors do you think I would need to mix together to get this?

DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2011 at 12:24pm
It looks like Special Effects Cupcake Pink, but a bit faded. Dying extension hair will give you a decent indicator of the color, but be aware that the process that some extension hair goes through can prevent it from dying properly. You may want to take a small piece of your hair and test it, if it's not the right color you can bleach the pink out. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic